PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Delays Delivery Of A380 Even Further

A300Man
20th Oct 2004, 08:45
The late development of the New Doha International Airport has meant that Qatar Airways has delayed the introduction of the A380 until the end of the decade, as opposed to 2006/7.

I wonder who (if anyone) will take up the manufacturing slots!

Also, QR is gearing up to introduce new livery, uniforms and corporate look at the end of 2005. The "Oryx" will be retained, though.

Qatari515
20th Oct 2004, 12:34
Dont you think they should be gearing up for a new airport first???

This week I came back around 11AM and we where stuck, on the taxiway for 45' because no parking bay available. Together with us an A330 and a 320 with the same problem.

Then we had to wait another 40min inside the terminal for our luggage to arrive. Three belts are not enough..

Do you have any idea how they are going to solve this problem?

eal401
21st Oct 2004, 10:17
Also, QR is gearing up to introduce new livery, uniforms and corporate look at the end of 2005. The "Oryx" will be retained, though.
Why on earth do they need to do this? There is nothing wrong with any of the above.

Do you have any idea how they are going to solve this problem?
Yes, they're building a new airport!!!!!!

Qatari515
21st Oct 2004, 13:28
Correction...

They have plans to build a new airport!!

So far I havent seen anything being build that even remotely resembles an airport.

Ok, they have been doing some land reclaiming off the naval base but thats it....I dont see how they will ever build an airport by 2006!!!!!!

All I see is that we are receiving an average of 2 airplanes/month, that more forreign carriers fly into Doha and that we simply do not have the parking bays nor the handling capacity to handle all that traffic!!!

A300Man
21st Oct 2004, 14:12
The new airport is not now scheduled for completion until 2008, not 2006.

Reclaimation work is well underway and contractors have been nominated for many of the major packages. Just because nothing is yet visible on the landscape doesn't mean that the essential preparatory works are not well underway. Believe me, there's a hell of a lot has to be done at the planning stage before construction suddenly springs to life.

Agree the current airport is a problem. It won't be long before we start to use the apron surrounding the Amiri hangers just for parking.

Also, I would prefer if the original livery was retained too, with maybe just the addition of a slightly discreet burgundy pinstripe or cheatline to separate the upper grey and the lower white!!

On this subject, ABO and ABN need a lick of paint, by the way. ABO looks well faded. It's been flying in these colours now for almost eight years, and with new fresh nose cones and nacelles added, the main fuselage looks grotty!!

Dr. Evil
21st Oct 2004, 14:14
I dont see how they will ever build an airport by 2006!!!!!!

The new airport is not now scheduled for completion until 2008, not 2006.

I heard 2009 !

eal401
21st Oct 2004, 14:45
They have plans to build a new airport!!
It's happening, trust me!

part_A_
22nd Oct 2004, 11:13
I know of the new airport will be ready on time in 2008 not 2006 ...
also it seems that the new airport infrastructure is being pre-fabaricated some where in Yemen ??? ....

eal401 what do you mean nothing wrong with the current uniform ..... its discusting its made of the cheapest quality fabrics .... maybe you should look at real airlines uniform like Lufthansa and then judge ....

oh yes Yes, they're building a new airport!!!!!!

its about time they did something .....

last i say is im waiting for the big disaster in 2006 asian games ...How on earth they are going to handle all the people they are expecting .....?????:ouch:

eal401
25th Oct 2004, 10:57
part_A_, sorry I'm afraid to say I've never been that close to a QR uniform to judge quality! The but the design/colour seems OK to me.

As for the Asian Games.....Inshallah perhaps? (No offence intended)

ruby tuesday
25th Oct 2004, 20:53
Alex in the uniform dept will not be happy to hear the comments about the uniform (if he is still there!).
It was designed n made by Jaeger.....heard there was a new one on the way some months back...?

eal401
26th Oct 2004, 12:58
It was designed n made by Jaeger
Suddenly I don't like it as much anymore.........

:)

apaddyinuk
26th Oct 2004, 18:19
As someone who was in that uniform for almost two years i can assure you its cheap and nasty! And NO it doesnt look ok...the guys uniform isnt the worst but what the hell were they thinking with the Girls uniforms....boxy hats that arent at all stylish and squared off shoulders on the jackets!!!! Eeek!!! It looks awful...and now all the CS's and CSD's look like little mice running around in their boring grey jacket with Gold buttons...awful!

Oh well...iv since exchanged that for a wee Julien Mc Donald number and its such an improvement!

homesick rae
29th Oct 2004, 16:53
Yes, but it is better than the original one!!

Thankfully I no longer have to worry about that! And no weight checks pre flight!

Cheers

HR

mutt
29th Oct 2004, 17:11
And no weight checks pre flight Please explain?

Mutt.

homesick rae
30th Oct 2004, 01:00
Mutt,

As in fitting the uniform properly mate!!

LOL

Cheers

HR