PDA

View Full Version : MID point RVR...

JABBARA
20th Oct 2004, 02:57
This time my question is about CAT II/IIIA approaches:

I could not find any reference stating that the MID point RVR is a regulatory requirement in addition to TD RVR, for intiating and/or completing a CAT II/IIIA approach.

In another word, unless otherwise is particularly specified in the company's SOP, can I fly a CAT II/IIIA approach without a MID point RVR info?

Thanks in advance

spoilers yellow
20th Oct 2004, 07:26
We require the midpoint to be in excess of 75m ( cat3b)
and also the stop end minima to be in excess of the required minima if published in our perf. manual.

longbow
20th Oct 2004, 08:38
JAR (1.405): The t/d zone is always controlling. If reported and relevant, the midpoint RVR is also controlling. The min RVR for the mid-point is 125m or the RVR reqd for the t/d zone if less. For aeroplanes equipped with a roll out guidance system, the min RVR for mid-point is 75m, or 125m if not so equiped.

So for CAT 2 you can have minima of 300m/75m for t/d zone and midpoint if auto rollout, or 300m/125m if no roll out guidance.

keithl
20th Oct 2004, 10:55
Longbow - I was looking this up some time ago and had never met the word "controlling" in this context. Am I right in assuming it means the "one you use"?

keithl
20th Oct 2004, 12:53
All clear, now. Thanks, Capt'n M.