PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard back from Thomas Cook yet?

Leo8
19th Oct 2004, 22:44
I've noticed that the online application has now closed. From what I could tell it was only open for about two weeks!

Its probably a little early yet but has anyone heard from them or have any idea when they will start contacting people for interview?

I havent seen much on pprune about their recruitment despite the lack of a minimum number of hours to apply.

timzsta
20th Oct 2004, 18:16
Tried to fill it in after the BALPA show at LHR but it was not working. Then went away on my MCC course and when I came back found it had closed. Tum te tum hey hoo....:(

Racing Green
21st Oct 2004, 11:35
At the BALPA EOC,Captain Adrian Richards stated that

'that they would have no minimum hours requirement'

But reading the current requirements for Thomas Cook, described in the write up of the EOC on the BALPA website it states,

'Ab initio pilots - via CTC wings. First Officer- >750 hours (150 multi), MCC, Frozen ATPL. Senior first officer – ATPL > 1500hours and type rated on a multi crew aircraft'

Could anyone suggest where this leavs 200 to 750 hour pilot, it would be great if the answer came from Thomas Cook recruitment, if any of them tread these boards !

Cheers

Leo8
21st Oct 2004, 21:27
Their recruitment website doesnt state any minimum hours so I would imagine that is what goes at the moment. They didnt accept applications for very long.

A few people I know missed out unfortunately!

Oscar Juliet
22nd Oct 2004, 12:51
'Could anyone suggest where this leavs 200 to 750 hour pilot'

The CTC ATP Scheme?

Leo8
22nd Oct 2004, 14:22
Perhaps not,

On another thread someone has asked for information on the interview process. He has an interview next week and only has 600hours TT.

I think the information at www.thomascookpilots.com is correct with no minimum hours mentioned.

holyflurkingschmitt
22nd Oct 2004, 23:10
Heard a rumour from a friend that half of 30 pilots needed would be 'experienced' and other half 'low houred Integrated guys'

Don't shoot the messenger because as i say it's a rumour from someone who got it from the flight deck inside TC

I know I know :mad: :mad: :mad:

HFS