PDA

View Full Version : Ww @ Man

eggc
19th Oct 2004, 18:34
Hi all,

Can someone clear my confusion...

Baby begin ops into BHX early Jan 05...

but where exactly does this leave WW at MAN as regards to routes and based a/c ( if any ).

Baby's web timetable showns flights on some routes ex MAN up until Apr 05 - although some destinations (ie CDG) have already ceased - but what after that ??

Anyone help

SC

we_never_change
19th Oct 2004, 18:58
I understand that some of the destinations are to be transferred & operated by bmi (Mainline/Regional)

WNC

coasting
19th Oct 2004, 19:09
I would'nt be surprised to see Baby move across the hills to Leeds, now that Jet 2 are about to start ops at MAN.

Bagso
20th Oct 2004, 08:24
The only flight that is stopping is CDG.

All flights Ex MAN are full including CDG (I would concede it's a mystery why they pulled this)

...but with an established base at MAN why on earth would they move to an out of the way place like LBA with a much smaller catchment area ?

HOODED
20th Oct 2004, 10:38
Bagso, I think you'll find that LBA has a catchment area nearly as big as MAN. Leeds Bradford York and Harrogate to name but a few are not small. I think the suggestion that WW might move to LBA was in retaliation to Jet2 moving into MAN to compete with WW. BMIR have an established base at LBA but no WW yet. As for small catchment areas how about MME and yet WW operate there.

POL1W
20th Oct 2004, 10:51
Hooded - My sentiments entirely ! Could'nt put it better myself.

Jetting2
20th Oct 2004, 11:01
I thought ww were moving into lba next year anyway, to start a service to Paris because Jet2 went up against bmi on this earlier this year?

Is this still happening??

egnxema
20th Oct 2004, 12:28
Looks to me like the BCN and BOD flights are stopping from MAN at the end of Oct too!

737James
20th Oct 2004, 16:11
Yes the Bcn and Bod flights are stopping at the end of the month but nothing to do with pax loads .
Bod has only ever going to be a summer only route like Gva is winter only as the demand is not there in the off season.
Regarding Bcn the problems lie with Barcelona atc and poor slots being available for us its exactly the same reason we pulled the Ema-Bcn route as if i remember correctly was 20.00 Ema arrive Bcn 23.30 depart 00.05 Arrive Ema 00.30 which is far too late as majority of pax are on short city breaks and are back at work next day.
Its a shame that Easy decided to pull there Bcn flights at same time as us leaving only Fr with flights to Girona which i believe is 50miles from Barcelona centre which i feel is a bit too far to travel when going on a city break.

egnxema
21st Oct 2004, 07:21
737James - good to read you matey - not heard you for ages!

I wonder if baby or easy will spot a chance to start EMA BCN again?

Are you tempted to move to BHX? What are you views on the way that EMa and BHX will develope together?

bmiboyz
21st Oct 2004, 11:27
bmi mainline only ever seem to launch new routes at the timetable changes i.e. the different seasons. With the winter 2004/5 timetable shortly to be published and flights already available to book on the web it is very doubtful that mainline will be taking over any ww routes from MAN. Regarding the rumour of mainline lauching a MAN-DUB I also think that is doubtful, as that route was supposedly to feed the transatlantic routes and the new carribean destinations. Surely there would have been a press release by now???? Anybody else any ideas???

jet2impress
21st Oct 2004, 12:17
Why would WW want to go up against Jet2 at LBA on the CDG? Surely they will have their own client base of repeat business pax on the BMIR service? Or do they not have much confidence in their full service operation at LBA??