PDA

View Full Version : Avro Manchester

MkVIII
19th Oct 2004, 14:56
I am trying to research the Avro Manchester as much as is possible, and have bought all available references I can find.

What I need, if someone can help, are VERY accurate 3 view drawings of the Manchester. I have only so-so accuracy drawings so far.

Any help appreciated. Please email at [email protected] if large drawings.

Thanks all.

sky9
20th Oct 2004, 21:07
MKVIII
I have copies of the Avro Medium Bomber spec P13/36, I think that it was the manchester.

Onan the Clumsy
22nd Oct 2004, 14:01
I think it was in Aircraft of the Fighting Powers Vol II. Is that accurate enough?

MkVIII
22nd Oct 2004, 14:34
No, not really accurate enough - I need sections, and accurate outlines etc. I have ordered "Manchester - The Legend behind the Manchester" (COSTLY!) and some plans from a US plans retailer.

All that will be used for a conversion of a 1/48 Tamiya Lancaster to Manchester (I am a mad keen modeller as well as pilot). Unless someone here has a spare 1/48 Paragon conversion laying about and is willing to sell it.... :D

sky9
22nd Oct 2004, 15:43
My medium bomber specification has outlines wing plans etc. If you can confirm that the manchester was the original spec. before it was discovered to be underpowered and the 4 merlins made it the Lanc. you can have copies of what I have.

MkVIII
22nd Oct 2004, 23:45
Sky9,
MUCH appreciated! Yes, the Manchester WAs the 2 engined predecessor to the Lancaster.

Can you scan them and send to [email protected]? Or at least email me there and we can arrange a way for me to pay you to send me some copies.

Regards and thanks.

sky9
24th Oct 2004, 13:11
MKVIII
I am sending them to you but your hotmail account is filling up and not accepting the emails. Either send me another email account or keep clearing your in-box!!