PDA

View Full Version : Should The invisible Cat be a moderator?

Onan the Clumsy
18th Oct 2004, 21:03
Perhaps with a portfolio limited to referencing current topics to their previous incarnations. He (she/it?) is particularly good at it: indeed nobody should notice as he is, after all, invisible.

Flypuppy
18th Oct 2004, 21:07
You are of course working on the assumption that the Unobservable Pussy is not already a moderator.

Some of them assume more than one identity y'know... ;)

tony draper
18th Oct 2004, 21:18
One has a theory that stealth moderators do indeed exist.
Watch yer arses.
:ooh:

Onan the Clumsy
18th Oct 2004, 21:30
Good advice. I had an unfortunately worded thread removed today. A misunderstanding I'm sure. Perhaps if I withdrew the last paragraph, it could be re-instated? :O

flapsforty
18th Oct 2004, 22:29
Nothing unfortunate about the wording Onan; just that the subject matter lent itself particularly well to incorporation into a certain thread full equally pointless snippets. :p

About that Slinky Feline; if it doesn't stop cross referencing every other new thread here, it will shortly find itself with an invisible boot up it's invisible <censored> ..... :E

Onan the Clumsy
18th Oct 2004, 22:41
Ah well that's ok then. I shall delete the Mk 2 version of the thread.

I had looked there, but had failed to find it. Perhaps I had the wrong thread.

:sad:

TamedBill
22nd Oct 2004, 07:52
It's pretty easy to work out who he is. There is only one poster who regularly imitates Mr Drapers phrases, posts links to other threads and displays sycophantic tendancies toward anyone in 'power' :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

dudduddud
22nd Oct 2004, 08:13
I think being able to 'figure out' multipule usernames is baloney. Anyone aware of my alter-ego on here?

TamedBill
22nd Oct 2004, 09:40
Figuring out alter egos is hardly a hobby of mine but you've got to admit the TIC stands out a mile. :hmm:

Why exactly would anyone need multiple usernames anyway? :confused:

timmcat
22nd Oct 2004, 09:57
I'm resisting the urge to link to a previous thread, but we did discuss multiple user names some time ago.

I have one other, used it twice in wind-ups. I'm sure users posting in some of the more delicate threads / forums may use alter ego's to hide an identity which might already be known to their employers.

(not worded well but you get my drift..)

TamedBill
22nd Oct 2004, 10:00
....................Bingo!

timmcat
22nd Oct 2004, 10:16
:confused:

TamedBill If you are suggesting I and 'TIC' are one and the same, then you are very much mistaken.

My alter ego has about three posts, all made much earlier this year.

BlueDiamond
22nd Oct 2004, 10:57
I think being able to 'figure out' multipule usernames is baloney.
I agree. There has been only the one time when I "found out" another poster's identity ... but that was after she thought I already had and then gave it away herself.

I think many of us have alternate posting identities and there could be any number of reasons for that but trying to "figure them out" would be a pretty useless exercise although I know there are some who like to play that game.

But why would we specifically ask for TIC to be a moderator? :confused:

Capn Notarious
22nd Oct 2004, 11:22
If looking for the identity of The Invisible Cat: you are all barking up the wrong tree. The correct tree exists but is invisible.
A cat is never moderate. It sleeps eats kills purrs etc; none of these in moderate style, they are commited to sustain themselves.

The Invisible Cat
22nd Oct 2004, 13:14
Onan : No way :} :yuk:
Flaps : Sir, yes sir ! :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:
Capn Notarious : :ok:

Speaking of multiple identities, one just noticed today's new JBer : Captain Blackadder. His anti-French rant in his first post (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1573910#post1573910), yet quite understandable, is so childish and poorly worded that one cannot help wondering whether 'tis not a provocation from one of them Froggies.

One is at least sure who said chappie is not : tony draper would never have descended to such abysmal depths.
:rolleyes:
Or would he ?
:confused:

tony draper
22nd Oct 2004, 13:19
Certainly not! after half a century of taking the piss out of the Gaul one develops some style.
One has enough trouble keeping up with one identity. :(

It is necessary for pyschological well being for one tribe to have another tribe to mock and hurl abuse at, it is a symbiotic relationship, if Frenchmen didn't exist we would have had to invent them, and one had been assured they feel exactly the same way about us.
We are indeed fortunate in these politicaly correct times that yer Frenchman and yer Englishman are the same colour, well most of em are.