PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening at Ice Station kilo

TAC2
18th Oct 2004, 17:08
I heard that there was going to be an announcement last week about the state of crews at Kinloss. When they were going to be reduced etc.
Does anyone know what has happened or are the powers that be delaying any announcement again.

day1-week1
19th Oct 2004, 19:40
TAC2

I'll post a reply if no else will

F*?k knows!

ppf
19th Oct 2004, 19:54
Whats happening at Ice Station kilo

......................its stopped raining!

ppf :ok:

santiago15
19th Oct 2004, 20:43
announcement delayed

Mad_Mark
19th Oct 2004, 21:37
The CUTS (for that is what they are :mad: ) are due to be implemented by April 2005, so I expect those effected will probably be informed in late March 2005 :*

Mad Mark!!! :mad:

number-cruncher
20th Oct 2004, 15:09
Apparently the state of crews at Kinloss are that some are very round and a tad overweight and the reductions in crews will be size reduction. The round ones will be sent to the fantastic gym that they have probably never seen yet :p :p :p

Snakecharmer
20th Oct 2004, 17:22
Recall reading the minutes of the Ice Station's Flight Safety Meeting (sad I know, but...)... had to giggle when the issue of crews' dental out-of-dateness came up... chairman's comment to the effect that "shouldn't be a problem for some of the crews - just put the teeth in an envelope and send them to the Dental Centre for a check up!" certainly brightened my day down at IFS!

zedder
20th Oct 2004, 17:30
I suspect most of the out-of-dateness is caused by not being able to get a date for a check-up in the first place. Even an emergency visit only gets you a temporary patch up job and an appointment for the proper fix 6 weeks later!

Biggus
20th Oct 2004, 19:00
PN

Given the circumstances I would suggest your last comment is in very poor taste, suggest you might like to edit/remove it!

Saved him the bother. But it WAS in bad taste

ppf
20th Oct 2004, 21:02
Here here Biggus, condolences to the family involved.

ppf

Pontius Navigator
21st Oct 2004, 17:54
Biggus, apologies but I didnt see the other thread or know the result at the time. Thanks for removing it as I am not sure I would have known how.

J.A.F.O.
21st Oct 2004, 18:59
......................its stopped raining!
Must have started snowing, then.

ppf
21st Oct 2004, 19:38
No snow as yet but there was some forecast to come on Monday! However there is the odd 'puddle' from the recent downpours!

ppf :rolleyes:

Biggus
23rd Oct 2004, 12:57
PN

It wasn't me that removed your comment - I guess it was one of those moderator type people!!

Regards......