PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Operations To Glasgow

AVIACO
18th Oct 2004, 10:16
330 man and all,

I was given to believe that Emirates used an A330 for their Glasgow services from Dubai.

A relative of mine has just come in from Glasgow to join me for a few weeks and she is adamant that the aeroplane she came on was configured 3-4-3 seats in Economy. She is totally adamant on this. I argued the point, but eventually had to climb down......

So, are EK now using 777's on the Glasgow run? If so, what capacity increase does that give over the regular A330, i.e. how many extra seats per week are offered on the Glasgow route?

I am amazed that Glasgow has the traffic to fill daily 777's to GLA. Perhaps there are a lot of transit pax coming in off of Continental and US Airways transatlantic services, now using GLA as a convenient transit point as opposed to LHR, etc.

Thanks,
AVIACO

White Knight
18th Oct 2004, 13:12
Usually a 330, but things can chop and change daily. ie one of the 330's could be sick, or one of the fleet in for scheduled maintenance work:ok:

Bigscotdaddy
19th Oct 2004, 12:31
I operate regularly out of Glasgow, often around the times that the Emirates flights are around and have yet to see anything other than a 330 in Emirates colours. (that doesn't mean of course that it never happens)

145qrh
19th Oct 2004, 20:39
777 last Friday, first time, not the last.

330 Man
20th Oct 2004, 12:52
Along with what white knight said, we will also put a larger airplane on any route on a day that the flight is really oversold and we have a spare airplane, so as to not loose any revenue. It has happened on the moscow flights on several ocations, as the 777 has many more seats and we need the money!

Regards,
330 man