PDA

View Full Version : ATPL results

piper pervert
18th Oct 2004, 09:28
Hi All,
Just wondered if anyone has a clue as to what day this week we should start maintaining a listening watch on the letter box?

Cheers

PP

Northern Highflyer
18th Oct 2004, 10:06
Thursday is the usual day although Wednesday or Friday are not unknown. Just hope it isn't any longer as I have no nails left. :ok:

Tantamount
18th Oct 2004, 11:09
I believe the October results are due out on or before this Friday (22nd). It's always 2 wks or before after the Friday of exam week. Good luck on the %'s. :D

Northern Highflyer
21st Oct 2004, 09:22
Got my results today. Passed all six making it a first time pass in all fourteen. Averaged 93% even though I work full time.

Just wanted to thank the guys at Bristol GS for all their efforts in making what seems an impossible task possible. :ok:

This weekend is party time before starting the CPL next month.

Hope everyone else got the results they wanted too.

:E

G SXTY
21st Oct 2004, 09:53
Well done mate - that beer is going to taste good isn't it!

Unfortunately I'm stuck in the office, so I'll have to sweat it out for a few more hours . . . :uhoh:

pipergirl
21st Oct 2004, 14:13
Well done....:ok: ya lucky duck

i'm just waiting for one result and the posty went by the house this morning, so it will probably be next week b4 i know...:rolleyes:

sure last time they delivered my results letter to one of my neighbour's :rolleyes:

G SXTY
21st Oct 2004, 19:28
BGS Mod 1, passed all 8, average 95%.

Given that I'm a bit of a thickie when it comes to General Nav, Instruments & Met, I can only conclude that Alex & his colleagues know exactly what they're doing, and do it brilliantly!

Another very satisfied BGS customer. :ok: :ok:

Northern Highflyer
22nd Oct 2004, 09:21
Looks like another good month for BGS. I think beer sales will be up this weekend all over the country.

Well done to everyone. :ok:

piper pervert
22nd Oct 2004, 12:50
I guess i must be the only person in the country not to have got results yet then? Oh dear another day and night of finger nail biting then.

PP

Sky Wave
22nd Oct 2004, 18:19
You're not on yer own pp. No results in Bournemouth yet either.

John Green
22nd Oct 2004, 21:55
YES, ID LIKE TO THANK

1-MY PARENTS
2-MY DOG
3-MY CAT
4-OXFORD GROUNDSCHOOL FOR EXCELLENT TUITION
5-FOOD, FOR KEEPING ME GOING
6-VAUXHALL, FOR MAKING A CAR THAT GOT ME THERE EVERY DAY
7-THE WRIGHT BROTHERS FOR INVENTING AIRCRAFT
8-GOD FOR CREATING OXFORD AVIATION TRAINING (BECAUSE ITS OBVIOUSLY THE BEST)

EVERY ONE GOT ATLEAST 94% AVERAGE AND FIRST TIME PASSED ON THE LATEST RESULTS

GOOD JOB OXFORD, YOUR THE BEST, ESPECIALLY INTEGRATED APP STUDENT, WERE THE BEST, SUCCEED THROUGH OAT

OAT IS THE WAY FORWARD :ok:

22nd Oct 2004, 22:54
hmmm, that will be a popular post!

Yes, well done to all.

Hope I can say the same as you NH and G in a month or so´s time!

willby
23rd Oct 2004, 09:38
YES, ID LIKE TO THANK

Is this a good example of some one blowing his own trumpet or what?
Willby

piper pervert
23rd Oct 2004, 11:31
Ok it is saturday afternoon and still nothing! Maybe they found my results either astonishingly amusing and have framed them as an example to others,or they are about to offer an extremely expensive caa councilling service and are trying to drum up business for it.Either way this isn't good.What is the very latest i should have to wait before having a chat with an automated receptionist at srg towers?

Cheers

PP

Bouncing Tigger
23rd Oct 2004, 18:42
When are the CAA going to catch up with the FAA?

Did my FAA ATPL Knowledge Test in Norwich Wednesday afternoon. A 3 hour exam starts when you turn up and get yourself ready, no fixed start time, and you get the result about the 30 seconds after pressing the quit key and walk out with the official certificate for the pass or fail.

willby
23rd Oct 2004, 19:01
Hi Piper Pervert
Please check your pm's
Willby

mattd2k
23rd Oct 2004, 20:43
PP,

I'm with you, still waiting :mad:

My results were going to my mums in Weston-super-Mare so she can call me in Florida with them rather than wait the extra week for the envelope to cross the Atlantic. This is driving me crazy. :\

It was bad enough with Module 1 in June. I had to wait until BGS emailed them to me on the following Wednesday as they still hadn't arrived. If ever I meet my mother's postie I think I am going to have to subject him to some similar agonising torture! :E

I only hope they arrive on Monday as by then nails will have gone and I'll be down to manipulating the flight controls with my knuckles!!

Oh well, at least I have some nice weather to do my hour building in before I start the CPL. :cool:

Congrats to all those who have received successful results already.

MD2K

Sky Wave
23rd Oct 2004, 23:08
I'm with you Matt and PP

Still not got to Bournemouth. I seem to remember Mod 1 arrived on the Tuesday, Looks like Mod 2 is going the same way.

What a bastard, i was certain they'd be on the mat this morning.

Kev

EGCC4284
24th Oct 2004, 01:11
Still no results here in Runcorn Cheshire ????

High Wing Drifter
24th Oct 2004, 10:47
G Sxty,

95% Not bad even by BGS standards. Up until now I was feeling pretty smug about my results :O

NACGS
24th Oct 2004, 11:43
Call your school they should have gotten the results last Thursday.

At NAC we make a point of calling all students and/or emailling the results out as soon as we get to the office on thursday. Which is what you would expect any school would do for you considering the pain and torture you have endured studying for the exams and then waiting for 2 weeks to get the results..

So give them a call first thing monday and get them to give you the results.

Chris

Keith.Williams.
24th Oct 2004, 13:00
Results forms sent directly to the schools almost always arrive before those sent to private addresses. When new students join EPTA I always advise them to get their results sent directly to the school. I then hand out the results when they arrive, and telephone any students who are not present on the day.

The very small number of students who choose to ignore this advice usually have to wait at least 1 extra day to get their results. The delay is usually even longer for those living in Ireland.

Even if your school does not provide this level of service, it will be far easier to telephone your school for an undate, rather to get one from the CAA. Those who have tried ringing the CAA will be all to familiar with the torture of their automated answer service. But your school will be able to give you the results only if you have asked for your results to be sent directly to the school.

Do not ask the CAA to send your results to your home, then later ask your school to ring the CAA to get them. If you do this, the CAA will charge you an additional £21 for this "duplicate" set of results.

Whatever method you choose, remember that each school eventually receives an e-mail copy of the results for all of its students. But this usually takes a further week or so to arrive.

pipergirl
24th Oct 2004, 18:07
i have learnt my lesson and i am going to get my results sent to my aunt's house in London in future....The last set of results came about a week after everyone else in the UK got their's...

EGCC4284
25th Oct 2004, 08:58
Monday the 25th and still no results ???????

tu154
25th Oct 2004, 09:19
bank holiday in ireland too. bugger.
called bristol and they don't have them yet either.

Northern Highflyer
25th Oct 2004, 09:22
I am more nervous waiting for the rest of you to get your results than I was waiting for my own.

I think the CAA are printing off some redesigned results sheets with bigger boxes to fit the 100% figures in. ;)

G SXTY
25th Oct 2004, 09:35
Thanks HWD, I can't quite believe it myself - I have to keep checking the letter to make sure I read it right!

Don't think I'll ask for a recount . . . :O

Alex Whittingham
25th Oct 2004, 09:59
The nice man at the CAA says he hopes to get the electronic version of the results sent to the schools later today.

piper pervert
25th Oct 2004, 16:22
EGCC
Please check your PMs and if applicable forward it to any other people on this thread that it is relevant to.I am totally pc illiterate and can't work out how to!

Cheers
PP

Keith.Williams.
25th Oct 2004, 18:17
The e-mail messages listing the results have now been released to the schools. Any student who has not yet received her/his results should contact their CGI.

Sky Wave
26th Oct 2004, 10:03
Wow

I got my 6 by email from the school. (thanks Royal Mail, you're great - Not )

That's all 14 first time.

Thanks to everyone at BGS, I highly reccomend them.

IR here I come.

Olof
26th Oct 2004, 15:56
Do you guys in the UK have to wait for your results ? We, in Sweden, copy our results and correct them buy the end of the day using another copy of the test (the original tests are of course already handed in and cannot be altered). We know our preliminary results by the end of the day...

Btw, what do you think about the tests? Were they harder/easier than expected? Any good feedback you wanna share? :E

I'm soon about to do them (in December ALW, OPP, COM, HPL, MET) :ugh:

edit: spelling

foxtrot/uniform
29th Oct 2004, 00:14
gavthenav, did you get your results from the nautical college? How did you do in them? I've been considering doing my atpls with them but haven't heard good things, lecturers not turning up, feedback answers being wrong, notes are rubbish, but it seems to be cheap, is it a case of you get what you pay for?i'd like some feedback from somebody who has actually studied there
thanx

Evilbob
29th Oct 2004, 16:35
Finally recieved my results today after asking the school (GTS) to kindly email them.

I'm still waiting for Royal Mail to get there act together and won't be holding my breath. I will however, be smiling like the proverbial Cheshire cat for quite some time after learning that I passed all 14 first time with a respectable 90% average.

Thanks GTS, and congratulations to everybody else enjoying passes.