PDA

View Full Version : Greek Chinook crash

4Greens
18th Oct 2004, 06:44
With reference to the Chinook crash in the Med with Greek Orthodox church leaders on board. Anyone out there heard news on the progress of investigation? I believe that it was being handled by the Military.

Rwy in Sight
18th Oct 2004, 11:28
4Greens,

I am very surprised that you took notice. May I ask how come you raise the issue almost 5 weeks after the event (out of curiosity and not in an aggressive way..)

I am not sure if I am allowed to discuss any issue over an open forum, but this is PPRuNe and we have to give something back in the community and to fellow members.... Over the weekend the operation of lifting the debris over the seabed (860+ deep) was concluded over the weekend. It seems both rotors are OK as far as in-flight damaged is concerned.

Email or PM if you need more that I can share;)

Rwy in Sight

4Greens
25th Oct 2004, 22:43
For RWY in sight:

A Greek friend asked me - nothing sinister. Would appreciate any update as an Australian Bishop was on board.

4Greens
28th Oct 2004, 08:58
Is anyone there? I would have thought someone may be able to give some info.

Rwy in Sight
28th Oct 2004, 12:57
4s4s

Sorry for sounding aggressive and arrogant. I should use the preview function more often. :O

Anyhow a couple of things: I may be mistaken but there were only orthodox clergy from Africa and his entourage, legal, press and technical advisor etc.

A week to ten days ago the national marice research institute along with the navy concluded the raising of all the wreck of the CH-47D. It seems the ball is at the air accident investigation court and we are waiting for the report (if it ever be released because it was a military chopper).

If you or your friend need any more details, please feel free to contact me either with PM or by posting in this forum. And if your friend speaks (and read) greek I would be only gratefull to give him a relevant link at my favourite greek news site.

Remaining at your service (despite my cold),

Rwy in Sight

4Greens
29th Oct 2004, 08:25
Rwy in sight:

Appreciate the reply. My friend does speak Greek but he is not too good on the internet which is why I am doing this for him. He is certain that there was an Australian Greek Orthodox Bishop on board.

If you get an update and can post it I will look out.

Rgds