PDA

View Full Version : AUS to US CPL(H)

Love Monkey
18th Oct 2004, 05:48
I'm sure this has been done to death on this website, but can someone re-iterate to me the necessary steps required to convert an Australian CPL(H) to the US equivalent? What about instrument ratings etc??

Costs?

Cheers,
The lovingest Monkey.

Bell47Boy
19th Oct 2004, 04:06
Hi,

I've just done exactly that, Aus CPL(H) to US CPL(H) and IR and this is what I did.

I went to a company in LA who fly out of Van Nuys Airport (NE LA) and I sat both the PPL and CPL theory tests. This is straight forward revision if you have an Oz CPL. You can purchase the books for these and they have all the questions and all the answers for self study.

I then sat a flight test and got both ppl and cpl licences.

I then studied for the IR and sat the theory test. I then flew with the instructor for 40 hours before sitting my IR test in the Long Beach area.

On passing I received my "pass slip" for these licences and it takes up to 4 months to receive the actual FAA licence.

Have a look at www.heliclass.com and contact him. He is a friendly enough bloke and depending on what you choose to do with him he will cut you a deal.

See how you go.

BigMike
20th Oct 2004, 05:46
Is an IFR rating required or can you do 10 hours IFR and 5 hours night solo as someone has told me. Has the standard changed? This was what the FAA told me a couple of years ago.

Cheers BigMike

compressor stall
28th Oct 2004, 11:29
check your PM's :O