PDA

View Full Version : Breitling watch. Info on price...

Ramrise
17th Oct 2004, 21:49
Good evening Gents,

As I might get myself a new watch, I might as well make it that most stereotypical pilot watch, the Breitling Aerospace/Professional. I'll readily admit that I like it and that I really would like to own one. However, I would also like to get the best deal.

I believe that somebody once told me the best prices can be found at the Dubai airport. Is that the case? And does anybody know approximately how much the aforementioned model is??

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ramrise

Will Rogers
17th Oct 2004, 23:35
Ramrise,

There is a good Breitling shop in the Dubai City Center. I have bought two watches there and their prices have always been good. Then again, "good" is always relative... ;)

Check it out!

Cheers

Will :)

jrsanch
18th Oct 2004, 01:39
Should you happen to be in the US I would recommend Sol Time, in Orlando, FL. They are located at the Florida Mall in Orlando and you can negociate with them. I got my B-1 a while back with them.
You may email: [email protected] for a quote, he is the owner/manager of the store.

Left Wing
18th Oct 2004, 05:15
DXB or HKG will get you the best deals in hi-end watches, in EU or USA you will a high price for the same.

PPRuNe Towers
18th Oct 2004, 13:53
I'd standby for your forum moderator to step in. Last time I was in his place there were two brochures in different corners of the room and he was doing some real serious pricing research;)

Rob

Ramrise
18th Oct 2004, 15:08
Weeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll,

Outstanding:D :D :D

Thank you.

Ramrise:ok: :ok:

Luke SkyToddler
18th Oct 2004, 15:42
I paid 300 yuan for mine, from one of the numerous stalls in the southern end of the second floor in the Hong Xiao Pearl Market, Beijing. :ok:

Hasn't missed a beat for the last 3 years, and it has the added bonus of really really p!ssing off a certain captain I know who's got a real one, every time I fly with him :}

Ramrise
18th Oct 2004, 17:02
Hi Luke,

I was hoping to reverse the situation and fly with a captain who has a fake one.;) ;) ;)

Seriously, they are much too expensive in my neck of the woods(scandinavia), that's why I am looking to Dubai or Hong Kong.

Regards,

Ramrise

StressFree
19th Oct 2004, 07:42
Ramrise,
Just last week I bought a lovely 'Rolex' watch around the back of the Gold Souk in Dubai.........
Excellent quality and very accurate and only AED200. If you go there you'll be offerred lots of choice of all the leading makes of watches.

;)

ARNA330
19th Oct 2004, 08:05
I myself have gotten the best deals in Dubai and the Breitling shop at the the City Centre. Bought two over the years (needles to say...ladies watches) and paid around 40 % less than Scandinavian prices. Usually you have to be there in person to negotiate a crew deal. The store manager is hesitant to offer "good deals" over the phone or in writing.
Good Luck!!

scanscanscan
19th Oct 2004, 09:15
Bought my Rolex GMT master at the Zurich airport shop after showing my Atpl licence the price was £75.
That was in 1971 and I am still wearing it today.
It has never gone wrong been opened up or been serviced.

mach-hog
19th Oct 2004, 11:07
Hey,

Can't help you with the current price, as I have had mine for 9 years, and bought it here in the Gulf Region. . . but here's some food for thought:

I love the functions of this watch, but, the alarm is useless unless you take the strap off and put it inside your helmet, or place it right next to your ear somehow. I can't recommend it!

I have the plain titanium, grey face, with both the leather and the Ti strap - when it works it's a pretty good piece of kit, but mine has been plagued with problems, and the support from the manufacturer has been only "fair". I have a Tag Heurer, same age, but much better quality, far fewer snags... and less than half the price. Be careful.

Sincerely
Mach-hog

Ramrise
19th Oct 2004, 14:47
Mac-Hog,

that sounds a little worrisome. I would think that watches commanding these kinds of prices should reflect them.

Maybe you just got 'a bad apple'?? I still want to get one but maybe a Tag or a Fortis is a better value?

Regards,

Ramrise

PS: Thanks to everybody for replying.

Vercingetorix
19th Oct 2004, 18:12
Aerospace titanium retails at 6200 Dhs (3.68 Dhs - $1) in the UAE from the Breitling approved dealers. Deals can be negotiated esoecially during the Dubai shopping festival.

pork chop
20th Oct 2004, 13:57
Forget the watch it's the exchange rate.

Where did you get 3.68 Dh's for 1 USD

Saltaire
20th Oct 2004, 15:09
I bought mine in late May, and I heard the prices went up slightly in June. I ended up buying it in Hong Kong for about 12000 HKD. You should be able to get it for about 1600 US.

I think it's worth it,

Cheers

Vercingetorix
20th Oct 2004, 17:36
Pork chop
the dirham is pegged to the $ @3.68 in the UAE

B Sousa
20th Oct 2004, 20:48
scanscanscan writes:Bought my Rolex GMT master at the Zurich airport shop after showing my Atpl licence the price was £75.
That was in 1971 and I am still wearing it today."

That wont happen again I bought mine Stainless/Gold in St Thomas for $2k. Best price today is near $6k

You know Helicopter Pilots. Big Watch, Corvette and I keep forgetting what is next, must be getting old...........

Fox3snapshot
24th Oct 2004, 19:11
The Breitling franchise here in UAE is through Kanooz Jewellers and their price was close to 300 Pounds cheaper for the B1 than what I paid for it in the UK. They offer discount for the aviation fraternity too. (Dubai outlets at least).

However whilst aware of this at the time, the Breitling hospitality at RIAT this year with the sunshine, fast jets, wine and pretty yellow zoombagged hostesses in their chalet sort of corrupted my money saving sense and I purchased the B1 there instead....doooh!

:ugh:

Magnificent watch and even tell's the time....haven't worked out what the spinney thing around the edge does yet!

:E

Dan Winterland
25th Oct 2004, 22:16
They're a bit cheqaper in HK at the mo.