PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlanta Europe Delay Today At MAN?

BAe 146-100
17th Oct 2004, 20:47
Hey,

I was at Manchester today, and I noticed that the morning Air Atlanta Europe Paphos service (EUK 125) had a big delay on it. It was supposed to depart at 11:25, but the aircraft stayed at the gate until around 5:00 when it was then moved to a remote stand. It was one of there B747-200's. I'm just intrested to know what the problem was?

Cheers
BAe 146

chiglet
17th Oct 2004, 20:48
It was broke :ok:
watp,iktch

BAe 146-100
17th Oct 2004, 20:51
I guessed that! ;)

I'm just interested to know the nature of the problem.

BAe 146

TJ747
17th Oct 2004, 20:58
well...not sure why the dlay was at manchester today but air atlanta had a 24hr delay sfb today from yesterday...i think the poor reps have had enough now...this summer has been really really bad for euk at lgw.

xla had a 24hr delay aswell on the tobago run....not sure what the problems are with the air atlanta fleet...but i really think that both the aircraft and the reps need a well earned rest.

think xla wont be at the top this year for on time perfomance. they have had it rough lately here at lgw.

mind u ...all the charters go through a bad stage some time or another...just the way things happen i spose.

cheers

tj747

CB1
17th Oct 2004, 21:44
hi, i'm not a regular to this section of the site as i tend to stalk the jobs room!!

this thread caught my eye as i just came in this morning from orlando sanford on the atlanta 747-200 to man.

I'm suprised at the delay, not because it had nothing wrong with it. . . its that it had the same things wrong with it coming back as it did going out two weeks ago, plus a few more out of order toilets!! locks not working, overhead storage cells opening and not staying closed and a cabin temperature lower than that of a domestic freezer!!

I'd put the delay down to the clearing of some toilets.... and in the hope that it was the begining of a complete makeover!!

still an impressive 7h 15 from orlando to man.

sorry to all the spelling and grammar police, i've been up 41 hours!

irishcc
18th Oct 2004, 06:53
TF-ARG....apparently aft cargo door hit , and damaged by a high loader ???

UFGBOY
18th Oct 2004, 09:09
HI LOADER damaged aft cargo door as it was being closed

pax fed/watered on board

3 x xla b737 took pax, albeit approx 12 hours late