PDA

View Full Version : FI(C) Where to do it? Preparation for it?

Northernflyer43
17th Oct 2004, 12:26
Thinking of doing a Flying Instructor Course in Southeast of UK?

Can anyone recommend a suitable training establishment and the best preparation for the course?

Thanks.

Down 'n' Hanging
22nd Oct 2004, 11:11
Hi NF43

A couple of mates of mine went to a school in Exeter called Flightpass and did their FI(A) Ratings. They said they had great training, it was very professional and really enjoyed their time.

If you you're looking down South you may as well consider the Southwest as well. Check them out.

As far as prep, swot up on the PPL syllabus and brush up your technical knowledge. The rest is done on course.

Good luck with your training where ever you go

Regards

D 'n' H

trevelyan
22nd Oct 2004, 11:47
If its the South-East your thinking of, my advice would be to talk to Goodwood Flying School, have a very respected FI course.

01243 755066 for more details...

:ok:

spitfire747
23rd Oct 2004, 19:08
Second that about Goodwood, did my FI(R) there in May of this year, passed first time, instructor course instructors are ex-cfs

well worth the money

and in preparation for it, study all the PPL material like mad, the two weeks ground school is an eye-opener

Spit :D

Fancy Navigator
24th Oct 2004, 09:14
....What about the pre entry flight you apparently need to do? What is it?
Thank you,
FNav:)

spitfire747
24th Oct 2004, 09:45
from LASORS

Pass a specific pre-entry flight test with a FI qualified as per JAC FCL 1.330(f) based upon proficiciency check as per JAR FCL 1.240(b), within the six months preceeding the course

bascally it is a pre flight test to test whether you have the ability to complete the course, basic flying skills.

My pre entry test was just over an hour including stalls (all 3) PFL, steep turns, circuits.

I beleive that your CPL examiner is able to sign you off for this following your CPL skills test, if he or she is willing that is..

Goodluck

Spitty :ok:

Fancy Navigator
24th Oct 2004, 09:58
Ta Spitty...
FNav:)

Northernflyer43
25th Oct 2004, 17:51
Thanks for that guys!

NF43.