PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

ORAC
17th Oct 2004, 09:22
Star Wars deal places US missiles on UK soil (http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/story.jsp?story=572950)

"Downing Street has given an agreement in principle to the Pentagon to station interceptor missiles at RAF Fylingdales, North Yorkshire".......

Styron
17th Oct 2004, 12:39
OOHHH Lovely a new lesbian caravan park for Yorkshire.

Wouldn't mind if they were at least good looking lezzas.:yuk:

Proletarian
17th Oct 2004, 18:45
I suupose the stationing of 'Son of Star Wars' interceptor missiles on UK soil was almost inevitable - but why position them next to such a prime target? Surely positioning them in the north of Scotland is the answer - watch out for silos being dug at ISK!!

Styron
17th Oct 2004, 21:15
Base them at RAF Spadeadam, it's well out of the way, not very accesible to protestors and used to be a recket testing area back in the 1950's.

It's also 9,000 acres in size.

Razor61
17th Oct 2004, 21:56
And the system has failed all testing so far. The last test firing resulted in much publicised failure. A MIII missile was launched from Vandeberg AFB while the 'Interceptor' as it is called was launched from Kwajalein Atoll. It never got past second booster phase, failed to detach!

Razor

buoy15
18th Oct 2004, 00:56
Glad I came to this thread
All day, national and local radio headlines have been reporting a missile site to be based at Flyingdales and my Ordnance Survey couldn't locate it. So it is Fylingdales - should be good for the local economy until they close it.

Love many, Trust a few, Always paddle your own canoe!;)