PDA

View Full Version : EJ200 variants/mods

jwcook
17th Oct 2004, 01:49
Hi can anyone help

Does anyone have any information on the following EJ200 engines and what makes them different.

quick bit of history...
XG-40 in 1986 was the predecessor to the EJ200, ( so called because it was supposed to be 40% more thrust than the RB.199.)

There were then these :-

EJ200-DVE in 1988 design verification engine???
EJ200-01 in 19??
EJ200-03A 1997 development???
(these were the engines on the Typhoon DA6 aircraft that crashed due to software/engine problems). this included all-blisk fan and the new digital control (DECU C2).

EJ200-03Z in 1999(production variant).

Is there any details on the mods or specification changes available, or are there any variants not listed?.

There was supposed to be a new fan assembly due for production engines right about now, with the stage 1 enhancements.

Any help/references would be appreciated.

If anyone from RR is reading hows the ACME (T/W 12) and the ambitious ACME II (T/W 20) projects going., and as Rolls Royce have a large part to play in the EJ200, if it was to be named after a river, what river would you call it?.

Cheers

Tarnished
17th Oct 2004, 20:47
EJ200 - 101 is the production engine designation.

There were and are other development enging standards and designations as well as a continual DECU upgrade scheme.

Couldn't begin to recal exactly what changes came with each development standard, suffice to say that there were exacting specification requirements not only on thrust, but also regarding reliability, life cycles and maintainability. The modifications and changes were all designed to achieve these.

If it were to be called a river how about

The Rolls Royce Ribble ?!?! After the river that runs along side Warton

Any other suggestions?

T

soddim
17th Oct 2004, 22:38
Maybe the 'Rolls Royce Ouse" would be a suitable testimony to its' development speed.

emitex
18th Oct 2004, 08:08
or Rolls Royce "Freck' Creek", ;)

(actually, that could mean something in German).

jwcook
18th Oct 2004, 10:08
well from all sorts of different sources I have this list :
(Dates are all pretty rough, I'm pretty sure that most variants are due to power increases or reliability/durability increases, though which are which I don't yet know.)

EJ200-DVE in 1988
EJ200-01A in 1995
EJ200-01C in 1997
EJ200-03A 1999 all-blisk fan and the new digital control (DECU C2).
EJ200-03Z in 1999(production variant).
EJ200-101 Production engine.

Add correct or amend if I'm wrong. Ta!

BTW I have written off to Rolls Royce to see if they could help with the variants, I didn't ask for any River name!!!, but I quite like the 'Arun' as a name, BTW has the name 'Thames' been assigned to anything yet?.

As for the length of time in development I thought it had gone reasonably well (at least the first 10 years where it was around 6 months ahead of the airframe), whats the story?

Cheers