PDA

View Full Version : Very Interesting

747FOCAL
16th Oct 2004, 20:50
http://www.crystalinks.com/ancientaircraft.html

Boss Raptor
16th Oct 2004, 21:19
Mr. Hatcher Childress has written many books the one covering Egypt being 'Lost Cities & Ancient Mysteries of Africa and Arabia' ISBN 0-932813-06-2 - very interesting and not overstated/OTT with many such diagrams illustrating the point - which I have to say in my opinion he has a very good one!

Caslance
16th Oct 2004, 22:22
...which I have to say in my opinion he has a very good one! Yes, right at the top of his pointy little head.

Of course the ancient Egyptians didn't have "modern" aircraft! If they had, they'd have conquered the known world, including the Greeks and Romans.

What a load of old :mad:!!!

candoo
16th Oct 2004, 22:25
Please - remember we are all part of a game being enjoyed by the vastly more intelligent and humane society currentky run by white mice.

airship
16th Oct 2004, 22:29
I just experienced a buzzing in the ears and decided to fill the cats' bowl just in case I was about to be whisked away...! But it was a false alarm, just a late season mosquito...:O

Buster Hyman
16th Oct 2004, 23:33
So...the ancient Egyptians, somehow, met aliens & were given a copy of Star Wars to watch? I don't think so Tim!:rolleyes:

BlueWolf
16th Oct 2004, 23:43
...or maybe George Lucas based his designs on pictures he had seen somewhere else, like in one of the many books on this subject.

Stories like this have been around for ages, long before the internet and Photoshop. Maybe there's some basis to it all somewhere.

Even the Bible talks of people being turned into "pillars of salt" along with the destruction of entire cities. Maybe the ancient history of mankind is longer and more detailed than we have allowed ourselves to believe. Perhaps it is possible that civilisation and technology were very advanced in the distant past, but that it destroyed itself somehow, and we in the here and now are merely rebuilding on those old foundations.

I recall reading about "lava flows" high in the Andes which supposedly resemble runways very closely. Maybe they were.

I love this stuff. We can't prove it one way or the other, so it makes for great arguments.
:ok:

tony draper
16th Oct 2004, 23:52
Take this stuff with a very large pinch of salt, got hooked on it about thirty years ago, 99.9999999% is rubbish ,but it sells paper backs, anyway if the Egytians were so bright, why did they spend a thousand years chisling stone with copper chisels when millions of tons of the necessary ingreadients for making concrete lay all about them.
:rolleyes:

BlueWolf
17th Oct 2004, 05:02
Maybe they cut their stone with lasers and hoisted it into place with acoustic resonators, and the copper chisels were part of some ceremonial thing....maybe they figured, why bother making concrete and waiting for it to set, when you can slice up stone with your handy pocket lightsabre, and levitate it into place with the dog whistle on your key chain.

If they (whoever "they" were) had these technologies, how come we haven't found any sign of them? Maybe we have. Or maybe they're buried too deep. Construction workers on a site in the North Island found footprints and stone tools under a layer of volcanic ash 20,000 years old, just last year. Maori weren't supposed to be here until around 700 AD at the earliest. So who made the footprints and the tools, where did they come from, how did they get here, and where are they now?

There's an awful lot we don't know. I'm not saying these things must have happened, I'm just suggesting that maybe they could have, and maybe we haven't found the evidence yet.

Onan the Clumsy
17th Oct 2004, 13:22
With our civilization seeming to continually walk the tightrope between advancing and wiping itself out, if the worst happened and we did send ourselves spiraling back to the stone age, what would our remains look like to people who came several thousands of years later? How would they assess our achievements?

tony draper
17th Oct 2004, 13:41
Believe me Mr Onan some of our concrete structures will last a hell of a lot longer than the pyramids, also the future archeologists will be festooned with thousand year old plastic shopping bags.

Great word festooned.
:rolleyes:

Thirty06
17th Oct 2004, 22:01
Pshaw!

There's obviously no tail rotor on the helicopter and the periscope on the submarine is all bent. No wonder the ancient Egyptians lost out to the Greeks and Romans.

Echo Zulu Yankee
18th Oct 2004, 12:12
Gents,

What about the Coral Castle in Florida then? (Google it) an entire palace built by one single man wih only a push-along 1930's pickup chassis.

The 1930's doctor who visited tibet ( I think) and video'd 2 ton rocks being lifted 500ft to the top of a cliff by means of ultrasonic levitation by a group of monks. Gave his movie reel to the authorities told to go away and then 2 years later the monks were gone along with their monasty and any remains at all (just before the chinese moved in)

Not saying I beleive it all, its far too complicated for me. I leave all this intelligent stuff for the FA's to talk about, I just drive the damn thing :ok:

EzY