PDA

View Full Version : Verbal Reasoning

Capt Flinstone
16th Oct 2004, 10:22
Hi fellows..........

I am looking for ANY info/details about verbal reasoning tests !!

I did this test by Britannia Flight Centre a few weeks ago, and i fail -:((

Biggest problem was that english is not my mothers tongue,dutch it is......So to much time already lost in translation.

But ok i can come back as soon they need more pilots,that is the positive side and also personal tests and group-exercises were WELL......

Thx 4 ALL info in advance,

Best regards,

Capt Flinstone

High Wing Drifter
17th Oct 2004, 10:32
Capt Flinstone,

There are some books on Amazon. Here is one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0749434368/qid=1098009018/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-2350206-3045444. I think my weakest point is Verbal Reasoning and I'm English so you're not alone.

Akro
17th Oct 2004, 13:28
Hi Capt Flinstone,

Did you do the selection for Britannia or ThomsonFly for the 737?
I would highly appreciate it if you have more info on how the selection process goes (for ThomsonFly)!!

(Or maybe anybody else with more info?)

Thanks,
Akro

speed trend
17th Oct 2004, 16:28
good evening to all guys, I have just discovered this web site.

I am more familiar with French aeronautical forum.
I am really disappointed to notice that like in French forum, in the pprune forum we can find some posts elaborated by some disgraceful person like Mr Sir Donald.
We have to remember that the main goal of a forum like pprune is not to blame or fire someone but to exchange some constructive ideas and point of view between civilized people.

have a good flight my friends:ok:

haughtney1
18th Oct 2004, 10:47
Back onto the subject...

Capt Flintstone...I would suggest you invest mayby $5 euro on an english dictionary...then mayby another $5 in a trashy paper back novel.....and then read it. The thing you will find with verbal reasoning tests is that they ask you to interpret context, content, and meaning. The only sure fire way to pass such a test is to be confident and competent when reading a passage. The best way to do this is simply to do a lot of reading. Oh and if the trashy novel is boring.....try a sex manual...at least it'll be interesting!

Hopes this helps

cheers H :ok:

Akro
18th Oct 2004, 18:36
Can we go back to the original topic?

Any info on what they really check that first stage assessment day for Thomsonfly?

Thanks!

flyblue
20th Oct 2004, 09:50
speed trend,
when you say "French forum" people will think you are referring to the pprune's French Forum, that does not bear any resemblance with the one you describe. We haven't had any post by a "disgraceful person" for ages that I can remember, and the Forum pretty much moderates itself under that aspect. I am sure that what you meant was French pilots' forums (especially a well known very litigious one).

Thank you

flyblue
French Forum Moderator

speed trend
20th Oct 2004, 12:45
hello, flyblue,

by speaking about French Forums, I think for instance to Radiocockpit, which includes very interesting news about Aeronautics in general, but which contains also some poor gangland killing between pilots.:*