PDA

View Full Version : best schools? please help

bigbear09
15th Oct 2004, 10:26
Alright guys, need your help i'm looking to start an ab initio course sometime next year and would really like some information on where you think is the best place to go. At the moment i am considering doing the APP course at EFT florida as it is cheaper than in the uk and seems like a good course plus you get a lot of experience as an intern flight instructor in the second year. Basically any information on any good schools would be appreciated, thanks

scameron77
15th Oct 2004, 11:47
Mate, you may find this thread I started 2 months ago helpful.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140698

I decided against EFT in the end for a number of reasons. All I can say to you is make sure you do an exhaustive search on here for any information on them. A remember to take everything with a pinch of salt.

Regards,

Stephen

bigbear09
15th Oct 2004, 16:39
thanks the link was helpful,

just wondering where you did decide to go and how your getting on with it?

scameron77
16th Oct 2004, 12:23
Hey Bud,

Hopefully I'll go with ACF for an internship program. Just waiting to go for my Class 1 in a fortnight and if everything goes to plan start early November.

ACF will be offering two more internship places in March I've been told, it may be prudent to get some hours under your wing, your Class 1 medical and get hold of your books for the PPL, that way when you start you can concentrate on flying.

Stephen