PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Amiri Flight / Royal Jet

Aslak
15th Oct 2004, 07:47
Hi Everyone!

I have been invited for interview by Qatar Airways Amiri Flight.

There seems to be a lot of "negative" stories about QR, is it really so bad?
Anyone got any idea if Amiri Flight's business operation is any different?

How about Abu Dhabi's Royal Jet?

I would be eventually moving with my family.

The initial idea is to have some career development and also hopefully make some money. Although I guess it will not be that easy with F/O salaries.

Any input might help!

Thanks.

Bangkok Layover
15th Oct 2004, 09:59
you need happiness with your wife and two kids in a peaceful enviorment ? also on/off duty?

then please do yr self and yr family a BIG favour, Stay away from Qatar airways!

SpokoKolo
15th Oct 2004, 11:07
Hi Aslak,

I am flying also as CL604 captain (3500+ h) and sent my application to Qatar and Royal Jet, no answer from them.

What about your TT and PIC on JET Time, just to compare.

Good luck on interview.

SpokoKolo

Qatari515
15th Oct 2004, 15:17
Hi guys,

I am currently flying for the QR mainline.

The Global Expresses will be flying all around the world for the QR Amiri wing. You will be transporting members of the Royal family ( Al Thani) and their guests.

The way amiri works is the following:

Standby 24H 7D/7D

You know when you are leaving but you will never know when you are back

Housing/medical/shooling (up to a certain limit) provided

Staff travel tickets on most major airlines

Captains (10000USD)

F/O (7000USD)

Average flying time is 60H but this can go up steeply if needed.

All in all Amiri flight is a nice operation with nice people involved, both on management/pilot/FA side.
It is a much more relaxed outfit then the mainline and all people know each other.

Your "customers" might be demanding and smooth landings are mandatory.

And for those intrested, it is possible to join afterwards on the mainline if they allow you to do that....a mather of knowing the right people.

Good luck to all of you and hope to see you soon in Doha

Qatari 515

On living in Doha, just look at the ME forum....Thousands of pages available!!!

Shortly: if you have a good job, dont move your family and stay foot.
If your job is ****ty or you just need one, take this job asap!

Just this, if you are a family man then this is the place for you....

Red1000
10th Nov 2004, 16:51
Hey Guys,

Working for QR Amiri at the mo' and I love it, people very nice, not anything like Mainline, tg. it's true regarding the standby and that isn't for everyone, but it suits me, although you must like your own company. Doha isn't the most exciting place on earth however we do make our own fun.
Cheers Red:O

AVIACO
11th Nov 2004, 08:19
Red

Isn't Tracy Avis a really delightful lady to work with? Is she still there at QR Amiri? She is realy professional, as I recall.

AYC

Red1000
14th Nov 2004, 14:46
Yep she's still here, great girl, I remember her from Gulf Air days, and she hasn't changed much, still very down to earth, no messing, gets the job done and as fairly as possible.
Wish we had a few more like her.

skyhighgirl
20th Nov 2004, 12:32
Although Royal Jet is still a relatively new company and still has some organisational issues, it is a very good company to work for and business is constant, they currently have 2 BBJ's 2 Gulfstreams and are a Challenger on the way. Majority of the crew live in dubai and travel the 50mins down to Abu dhabi airport when required for work. Rotation is 12 days duty on and 6 days off. Hope this info helps......