PDA

View Full Version : Proifr....good or bad?

WaNNabeFlyEr
14th Oct 2004, 23:05
Hi, i was hoping to get some views from anyone who attended the proifr centre in vancouver, canada coz im thinkin of starting off my training over there....any comments will be much appereciated. thanx!!!

flyndad
15th Oct 2004, 09:59
Hi There,
I am a Brit Instructor based in Calgary.
From what I hear Pro IFR are good. Have you also considered Perimeter out of Winnipeg who train in actual IFR?
Feel free to e mail me if you have any further questions.

WaNNabeFlyEr
15th Oct 2004, 14:58
i did look into perimeter but i was looking into a intergrated course and pro ifr offers one. so far i havent been able to gather a lot of information of pro ifr except a couple students who said the training there is pretty good and laid back. never actually visited the school so was hoping to get some feedback on the quality of the teaching and availability of the equipment and stuff...just some last minute reassurance lol..

flyndad
16th Oct 2004, 09:19
Hi There,
try posting your question on avcanada.com

Canada Goose
17th Oct 2004, 17:38
Certainly a couple of years ago they had a very good reputation ........ but as flyndad says .... post on avcanada.

CG.

pilotbear
18th Oct 2004, 12:12
Hi, I did my Canadian ME/IR with them and found them to be very professional....would thoroughly recommend them.:ok:

jaarrgh
18th Oct 2004, 15:48
I also did my MEIR with them. John Montgomery is a legend and I would certainly recommend them. They do/did also have a base in Victoria if you fancy staying on the Island.

WaNNabeFlyEr
18th Oct 2004, 22:55
ah so far so good...thanx a lot for the replies ppl..rather happy i didnt end up in DCA..heh