PDA

View Full Version : Canada Helicopter information sought

MD900 Explorer
14th Oct 2004, 18:34
Dear Fellow Rotorheads,

I want to thank you for the response to the last thread where i asked for information on helicopter operators near Niagara Falls. It was a great help. :ok:

I am off to Canada again, on another jolly and i am going to Banff, Lake Louise actually, and i wonder if there are any reputable helicopter operators in the area, doing tours etc?

I shall be going in the middle of November, so guess it will be a tad chilly. I appreciate any information given and if you should want to PM me instead, thats cool. :ok:

I no doubt will be taking a stack of pictures and hope that a few will get on here at some stage when i get back.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

MD :ok:

paco
14th Oct 2004, 18:46
Alpine at Canmore - highly reputable - they even have 407s, I believe.

Enjoy!!

Phil

407 Driver
14th Oct 2004, 21:31
Alpine does offer tours out of Canmore (403-678-4802 or www.alpinehelicopter.com ). They do use 407's as well as 206B's and L3's.
I am 45 minutes west of Lk Louise with a 407 and an L3, but do not fly "organized" tours.
We do scenics from time to time, so if you have a full aircraft load, it may be cost effective to drive west, (no mark-ups, no commissions, no Japanese bus tours) the scenery is just as good if not better ..!

You'd be looking at approx $185 CAD ea X 6 passengers for a 36 minute flight in the 407.

MD900 Explorer
14th Oct 2004, 22:27
Paco

Thanks Phil, appreciate the input

407 Driver

I guess it will be me and the missus that would be going up, so...no tour group with me alas, i left the entourage at home :\

MD :ok:

Flying Lawyer
14th Oct 2004, 23:17
Shame you're not a big enough group.
After seeing the pictures 407 Driver posts here, he's just the sort of pilot I'd like to fly with when I next visit Canada.

FL

MD900 Explorer
16th Oct 2004, 12:02
Flying Lawyer

I totally agree, but twos comapny, three's a crowd if you get what i mean (Unless .....) :E

Steve 76

I know you tried last time with your buddy in Stoney Creek, i could sure use some vision here, if you have any this time. Thanks :ok:

MD :\