PDA

View Full Version : Unusual MAN movement, from Cranwell?

Navy_Adversary
14th Oct 2004, 17:09
Whilst looking at teletext flight arrivals last night I noticed an unusual one for Manchester.
It had a BA6127?C flight due to arrive around 0300 from Cranwell and then depart to Luton.
I thought it may have been something to due with the England football team returning from Baku, but Cranwell?
Any Ppruners add anything?
TIA

Powerjet1
14th Oct 2004, 18:35
That flight was listed on LTN arrivals at 05.00 from MAN bringing back some of the remaining England team. Don't know where Cranwell crept in.

we_never_change
14th Oct 2004, 18:51
BAW9127 (which was B777 GVIIU) arrived at Manchester from Baku bringing home the England football team. After dropping off some of the team at Manchester, it continued to Luton.

I understand that a mistake was made at Manchester which meant that Cranwell was listed as its point of origin rather than Baku.

WNC

spekesoftly
15th Oct 2004, 07:53
Looks like a case of IATA/ICAO Airport code confusion:-

IATA Code GYD = Baku

ICAO Code EGYD = Cranwell

Navy_Adversary
15th Oct 2004, 17:35
Thank you very much for that guys, it did seem very strange seeing Cranwell listed, I knew I could rely on Ppruners to come up with the correct answer.

I guess it was the Northerners turn to be dropped off first this time.

On Tuesday the Under 21s returned to BHX, half way between LTN and MAN, then "Get in your chauffuer driven cars boys".

we_never_change
15th Oct 2004, 18:24
"AWC919B", a Boeing B757-200 brought the England U21 team back into Brum. They originally requested Coventry but were refused so opted for Brum.

WNC