PDA

View Full Version : Privately Funded Training

B3av
14th Oct 2004, 14:05
Looking at the glossy adverts in the back of various aviation magazines and seeing for example the fly oba advert for a jaa frozen atpl for just under £30k I was just wondering if anyone has followed one of these seemingly to good to be true routes into commercial flying with a successful outcome?

Thanks.

itchy kitchin
14th Oct 2004, 16:19
Plan for £50k mate.
if you can live on a shoestring budget, pass everything first time and in minimum hours you might just be able to bring it in for 30K.
...I factored in generous overrun times, i passed all exams and flight tests first time, but it still cost me nearly 50K!!! (but then again, i wasn't working while i was training, oh, and i bought a car.... and partied a bit too much...and got lots of takeaways...)

B3av
14th Oct 2004, 16:38
sounds fair enough!

Where did you go? How long were you there? Do you have the flying job you want (big question) ?

I've only got my PPL (100 and a bit hrs over 2 years). So a long way off being commercially employable.

The idea of paying for it all privately appeals but it seems there are a variety of ways to go about it and I'm unsure of which when completed would make me the most employable.

Thanks for any advice!