PDA

View Full Version : Which other pprune forum's do you visit?

yintsinmerite
14th Oct 2004, 12:38
I am just curious which other forums are regularly visited by those who generally seem to inhabit JetBlast.

In my case I regularly go into

Rumours and News (but as a non commercial have rarely posted)

Tech Log (I think I posted once because I didnt understand something and it annoyed me)

Medical and health

Questions (have posted a couple of times)

Cabin Crew (never posted, but love the best/worst celebrity thread)

ATC (Posted a couple of times to ask questions)

Computer/Internet issues (Never posted as far as I can remember)

Night Stop (good info in here)

Where are they now (to track down and thank an old instructor)

Private flying

What about the rest of you ?

Onan the Clumsy
14th Oct 2004, 12:46
I'm like a street corner bum. I gradualy descended into JetBlast and almost never go outside it now.

I used to go to Freight Dogs, they were welcoming, but it was mostly big a/c stuff. I do occasionally visit Computers and Internet and have got some good tips. I've had a good laugh on the Cabin Crew forum with the best/worst pax thread and I liked the ATCO humour thread.

Occasionally I go to The Noshtalgia forum ...(but it's not as good as it used to be :ugh: ) . I also read the "I wish I hadn't said that" thread on the mil forum - very funny reading.

Oh and visit Dunnunda for a wild ride :ok:

Here's a good method: go to the front page and select a topic from the list of recent postings. You'll follow a link because the subject's interesting, not for a specific forum.

yint good idea for a topic.

IFTB
14th Oct 2004, 12:50
Yint, give me 2 mins and I'll find the previous thread on this subject..................;:rolleyes:

Found it!

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125458&highlight=other+forums

Sorry Yint, just being a [email protected]
Good subject anyway.

yintsinmerite
14th Oct 2004, 12:51
Yint, give me 2 mins and I'll find the previous thread on this subject..................;

Oh poo

Shall I delete it ?

Onan the Clumsy
14th Oct 2004, 12:52
Which forum was the other thread posted in? :}

BlueDiamond
14th Oct 2004, 13:00
Read a lot of the other forums and post to some very occasionally. Just a Jet Blast Junkie at heart though. :ok:

Hilico
14th Oct 2004, 13:19
Rotorheads, Rotorheads, Rotorheads. I read every thread on there. Every so often I start one (the accident report links to the AAIB for that month).

JB, very very occasionally, if the title is interesting.

Flight Ops, Crewing and Dispatch when I had a sniff of interest from a company at STN about a dispatch job; but I didn't get the job, so I no longer look.

'Where are they now' when I wanted to trace the poor sod who used to fly a JetRanger down to Harwich in the early 70s and would have to put up with me turning up on my pushbike before the rotor had even stopped to ask yet another series of tedious questions.

The Invisible Cat
14th Oct 2004, 13:25
Mr IFTB

One sees you took advantage of one's nap to search for that thread. Quite unfair one must say :*

Moreover 'tis one's watchcat job you're taking. One won't get any tips from the mods :{ :{

Jerricho
14th Oct 2004, 13:55
Been known to visit all of them.

The D&G zone can be good for a laugh, they're brutal over there.

Foxy Loxy
14th Oct 2004, 14:10
I usually start with R&N (I even started a thread there once, got the usual arrogant abuse before it got moved to Spotters :( :{ )

Then have a quick peek in airlines and airports, the ATC forum (obviously) then JB:ok:

This is where I spend most of my valuable prooning time. If it's slow in here, I might duck out and will be seen in Private flying or agony aunt.

NEVER the Spotters forum tho. There are limits.

Foxy

gingernut
14th Oct 2004, 14:36
Depends on my mood. If I'm feeling generally helpful and enthusiastic, (30% of the time),I'll contribute to the medical forum.

If I need to ask a daft queastion about something I should perhaps I should know, (20% of the time), I'll post on private flying.

If I'm in need of a little entertainment/rant (50%) , nothing beats JB.

Occasionally after the influence of a glass or two of red, I'll perhaps flirt with some of the more glamorous forum's, but our lack of common interests, usually means the relationship becomes superficial and boring after a short time.

flyblue
14th Oct 2004, 18:07
TIC
you are the official watchcat postholder on JB. No one can take it away from you <scratches TIC's head>

timmcat
14th Oct 2004, 19:32
... too many cats around here IMHO...:confused:

Mostly JB for me, also a regular contributor to Computers. I love the Cabin Crew forum, just for the youthful exuberance in there. Read R&N daily (even had a post in there this week!), Agony Aunt, and a general wander around a few others.

Oh, and then there's chat....:}

CTBEyes
14th Oct 2004, 19:47
Favourite is JB
Then touch on the D&G seem to live a different live in there

AA to see how people cope with it when it all goes wrong

:)

Maybe should surf a bit more into others who knows may change this list after that!

:cool:

Unwell_Raptor
14th Oct 2004, 23:36
There are other forums?

moo
14th Oct 2004, 23:51
where????!!!!!!!!

Feeton Terrafirma
15th Oct 2004, 01:08
Other forums??

I'm with the sick bird, what other forums?

Buster Hyman
15th Oct 2004, 02:35
Never mind what other forums you visit...it's better to know the rules of the other forums.

Dunnunda Reporting points: Don't mention 89...(Damn!)
Dunnunda GA: Don't mention your wage.
Fragrant Harbour: Don't mention Eddington.
Freight Dogs: Don't, whatever you do, say it's a boring forum!!!:eek:
Jet Blast: Don't mention Jerricho's MIL...it only encourages him.
R+N: Don't mention the war, Jihads, Crusades, Bush, Blair, Osama......:rolleyes:

b.borg
15th Oct 2004, 10:25
R&N: to follow the news ;)

Rotorheads: out of interest :D

Nordic Forum: to see if anyone apart from the Finnish contingent is alive :E

JB: for the sheer excitment :ok: (:confused: OK must get out more)

And as this is my first pprune-post it is fitting that I follow Buster Hyman on the thread :p

Binoculars
15th Oct 2004, 12:04
I thought Bjorn Borg was Swedish? :confused: :confused:

Ahh, it must be his brother Bert Borg. :8

joe2812
15th Oct 2004, 12:09
Mil Aircrew, Questions, JB, Computing, Med & Health

:ok:

Ozzy
15th Oct 2004, 12:20
R&N to see what the "grown ups" get up to - they just slag each other off like everyone else.

Cabin Crew to bait them, like I do on most flights :E

Caribbean & Latin America to check up on how the Caymans are recovering from Ivan.

Agony Aunt occassionally to check out how sad other folks' life may have become :E

ATC for the ATC Humour thread

Ozzy

Jerricho
15th Oct 2004, 12:37
it only encourages him

Bollix ;)

b.borg
15th Oct 2004, 12:57
Binos Ahh, it must be his brother Bert Borg
Close, but no relation to Cy Borg ;)

Jerricho
15th Oct 2004, 13:17
What about the distant cousin Ice?

Bre901
15th Oct 2004, 14:12
I'm a bit uncertain, but wasn't one of their cousins called Heisen ?

I'll get my coat

Buster Hyman
15th Oct 2004, 22:02
Then, of course, there's Locutus of....:ugh:

Binoculars
16th Oct 2004, 01:00
Another thread successfully hijacked! Well done, team!! :ok:

Now, where to next? :8