PDA

View Full Version : Few good jobs

Rosbif
14th Oct 2004, 12:17
Today's crash in Halifax is a tragedy and I am sure that we all feel for the people who perished.
I was wondering if anyone out there knows how the traffic rights are awarded by our government.
In this case, a Ghanean registered 747, run by a UK company, is hauling freight from Canada to Spain.
If a Canadian company set up a 'flag of convenience' operation to do this, Transport Canada would have them shut down.
If the same company tried to get set up on a Canadian OC, they would be bogged down in paperwork while Ghanean/Sierra leone companies took the work.

Now you know why there are few good flying jobs in Canada.

74tweaker
14th Oct 2004, 21:22
During a tech stop (for fuel. They were going from Conetticut - Halifax - Spain) - you are allowed to pick up freight. You are right though as a foreign airline is not allowed to start a journey here.

The rest of what you say is totally true. Why do you think certain Canadian cargo companies are having so much trouble getting international cargo operations going?

Willie Everlearn
15th Oct 2004, 16:01
They have a 'contract' to haul seafood out of YHZ.
The aircraft route for the last 18 months is reported to be KJFK - CYHZ - ESZG.

Cargo carriers fall under separate regs when landing rights are approved. This wasn't a Tech Stop.

In light of this company's recent record, why aren't the Canadian Authorities looking at foreign carriers safety records when it comes to operating in and out of Canadian airports?
The Americans have a safety rating system that seems to work.
How long will it take us to wake up?

Flying for any Canadian carrier right now is not economically feesable for any licenced Canadian pilot.
:)

tsgas
16th Oct 2004, 18:39
Hey Willie , the Americans also gave them permission to fly into JFK , so what's your arguement ?

74tweaker
16th Oct 2004, 21:59
Actually the flight originated near Hartford, Conn.

tsgas
17th Oct 2004, 18:26
And it ended in a field. So what's your point?

Willie Everlearn
5th Nov 2004, 12:39
tsgas

argument???

I wasn't arguing a thing. just pointing out that CARGO carriers operate under slightly different regs when getting approvals to operate into a country other than their home country.

:rolleyes:

...and the bee in your bonnet would be???? :hmm: