PDA

View Full Version : smithhead on tv

robroy
14th Oct 2004, 11:57
Ch. 9, tonight, Current Affair.

smith had a lot of CR+p to say.

Says one thing here, albeit in print, has a lot more to say, with his d.h. in view on tv.

I am fairly sure I can get ( Actually I know I can ) get an interview on a tv station, but not solo, need a few helpers.

Only those I approve of will be on!

Must be experienced, the majority that is, but a few G.A guys or Gals would be welcome.

Credentials are a requirement.

My credentials,

DH-82, DHC-1, most other L/A, DC-3, F-27, L-188, DC-9, B737-100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600,Glass, B727-200, 200 LR, plus, T-6, T-28, plus one or two warbirds, single and multi. in the USA and Oz.

Any takers ?

Cheers

robroy

My apologies, I was remiss in my initial post.

I should have indicated that those, who wished to remain , visually unrecognisable on TV, should indicate that to me.

I am sure that can be arranged, if not, you privacy is paramount and I am sure something can be organised. somehow.

This is what I was alluding to when I stated "Credentials "

Cheers

robroy

robroy
14th Oct 2004, 13:35
To make the panel selection easier for me, or for everyone, for that matter,may I ask for the help of a, "WOOMERA "

One with, ting ting, a gut pella tru.

apinun olgeta,

robroy

Em wanem samting??? Mi no gat save!!!!:confused: :confused:

Woomera

orva
14th Oct 2004, 14:03
Gee with thay CV cum and fly with me
U wanka

robroy
14th Oct 2004, 14:13
you have only put in 12 posts since 4/03.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

ROBROY

2nd. time

I only have just over 20,000 hours and have carried only a few over 1,000,000 Passengers, a lot of my PEERS, have flown more hours and carried many more PASSENGERS than I have.

To get somewhere close to that and to the level of my more experienced PEERS, I suggest you go to the back room , have a quite think,. stop wanking and become somebody.

In other words, GET A LIFE.

ROBROY

for the 3rd time

I only have just over 20,000 hours and have carried only a few over 1,000,000 Passengers, a lot of my PEERS, have flown more hours and carried many more PASSENGERS than I have.

To get somewhere close to that and to the level of my more experienced PEERS, I suggest you go to the back room , have a quite think,. stop wanking and become somebody.

In other words, GET A LIFE.

ROBROY

for the 3rd time

The Enema Bandit
14th Oct 2004, 20:39
Why do you bother counting your passengers for?

Mr.Buzzy
14th Oct 2004, 23:10
Good work Robroy!
Wonderful to see that you're willing to stand up and present a few home truths from our side of the fence!
Unfortunately many are remembering the way Impulse treated its staff, particularly its CP when noises were made about an unsafe system!
The best to you and those that come forward.

robroy
15th Oct 2004, 14:22
T E B,

Good question.

When I was first employed in an Airline in the late 60's ( the most junior , wide eyed F/O ) I was trained by a Capt. who liked to know EXACTLY, how many POB.

As we were operating in a rather unfriendly place, re terrain etc, he wanted that number, in case of an emergency, or forced landing, whatever. Remember this is in the late 60's, no radar, no nothing.
Anyhow, as required I started to enter into a notebook not only the sectors, hours, etc, but also the numbers of s/n crew and Pax. These figures I would transfer to my logbook at a later date., using the S/N & Pax. column, a habit that grew on me from back then, 'til the day I retired in the very late 90's.

Some 2 to 3 years after I retired, I was a at party with my Wife, chatting to the other guests ,when the subject, became, and what did you do before you retired.

When it got around to me, I told the usual funnies etc, then one of the guests asked me, "How many Passengers did you carry over the years " I said I didn't have a clue. Later on I remembered my logbook entries, so I spoke to the Gentleman concerned and said that I would get back to him shortly.
Shortly, HO, HO, HO, it took me ages to add up all the figures.

I now have that figure noted at the end of my logbook and had it countersigned by a non flying friend, after he had checked my figures. That cost me several bottles of good single malt Whiskey.

T E B , you are the 2nd. person ever to ask me that question.

I hope I haven't bored you and everyone else SH#tless

Cheers,

robroy

RTB RFN
15th Oct 2004, 21:01
Robroy

I respect your effort to try to counter the ridiculous. However, as a recent skeptic and cynic, I propose that we must remember that about 50% of the population do not care about safety, or crime or risk or Australian Public Image or truth or ethics or jobs for the little people or long term stuff like the environment. They care about the short term, their hip pocket, the risk of losing that extra $50.

But don't give up on my behalf RobRoy - your intention is honourable and it just might work. I will contine to lobby in my own small way.

I wish you well mate, regards

robroy
16th Oct 2004, 11:33
RTB RFN,

I must thank you for your reply post, in different ways, I think, we are working in the same direction.

Everyone, PLEASE, if you are concerned about Oz. Air Safety, PLEASE help.

I don't care if I am not the leading figure in this , but I will be there to the end.

I don't mind doing the initial yards, but I think, I will need a lot of help to cross the finishing line with a chequered flag, for all of us. .

How can we, the PROFESSIONAL's sit back and allow an amateur, albeit, with a CPL, get away with this .

The thing about being on TV in a minor thing, you do not have to display youself, as does a , #### ###.

sui generis,

Cheers

robroy

robroy
16th Oct 2004, 12:40
I tried to reply to your comment, via Email, but my Email server said it could not find you at the Email address you quoted.

Are you the Phantom Woomera?, or a duk duk man.

Cheers

robroy. :ok: :O

itchybum
16th Oct 2004, 13:54
The other 50% of the population would probably view your interview as another 5 minutes of tedium in the half hour between Today Tonight and Home and Away.

Yawn. "What was that?"

"Oh something about pilots and safety. Pass the remote."

You might think it's important and it is but Joe Sixpack will care about as much as you care about the education system.

Plus for this sort of thing, you need someone who presents well and sounds like he's got his act together (pilots????). Anonymous pixellated faces with "Not His Real Name" in sub-titles looks pretty amateur and suss.

CaptainMidnight
17th Oct 2004, 01:59
robroy

As I said in a post on the other thread, is getting "Media Watch" involved an option. While the audience might not be the same who routinely watch ACA, it might be the right audience.

Just a thought.

tinpis
17th Oct 2004, 03:49
The average aussie electronic wallpaper gazer takes an hour and a half to watch 60 minutes.

robroy there was a lotta funny old buggers in PNG wernt there?

gaunty
17th Oct 2004, 07:16
robroy mate

I appreciate your motivation but I reckon this is a job for Chris Masters and Four Corners, they are generally not in the habit of taking prisoners aren't the least bit intimidated by the Smiths of this world and have credibility. :ok:

You might recall they blew the Bjelke Govt and Qld Police force to bits with their revelations which led to the Fitzgerald followed by the Wood enquiries. Same sort of sleaze except in this case it's the Federal Govt a so called Aussie legend in his own lunchbox and the travelling public at risk.

We would be much safer in those hands than with the Ray Martins of the world taking you to the break when it starts to get interesting :{

hermeias
18th Oct 2004, 01:32
Gaunty

Mind how you go, remember the first law of inquiries, know the result before you start. Don’t discount the possibility that Chris Masters might not quite see “the big picture” the same way you see it. Inquiries in recent years have not treated a number of unions or "business enterprises" too kindly.

A Royal Commission would be even better, proper rules of evidence, everything on the public record, no “editing”. Nemo debet esse judex in propria causa

Bring it on, let’s get the facts out in the open, it would be a fascinating exercise. I would lay a small bet that one Richard Harold Smith would be the first to cooperate.

Hermeias

You were going well until you couldn't resist it, next time you personalise a post it will be the last. In the same tenor you suggest;

nemo judex in sua causa?

Nobody here suggested he/she/they be a judge in his/her/their own case.

A rational reading of this thread seems to suggest one way or another a seeking to get "it" out there in the most appropriate forum.

Which or whom should consider. Caveat feles obesus lest they bring upon themselves a scandalum magnum and cassu belli?

Fiat! habeas corpus.

hermeias
18th Oct 2004, 14:49
Woomera,

Sorry about that (I assume it was the name I used, I am new around here) .
Anyhow, without the latin homilies, there are so many strongly held opinions around, an entirely independent inquiry (nobody from Australian aviation, except to give evidence) would be a really interesting exercise.
I am far from certain that the outcome is a forgone conclusion.

Hermeias