PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Hong Kong

rotorboy
14th Oct 2004, 01:16
Hello Hong Kong rotorheads. I am finally getting out of the fog/rain and snow here in the frontier !!! Weathered out for the season, oh what a feeling. I will be in HK next week on my way the China (for a couple of month holiday) and was wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me.

First off:
Anyone want to have a beer? Its been a long seaon and I am ready.

Who is the CP for Heli Hong Kong? Are they still doing utility work? Are there any other operators doing utility work in HK or China.

Should I take the tour? Flown enough of em, is it worth seeing HK by air?

Thanks for any advice

RB

:)

moosp
14th Oct 2004, 01:48
Come on up, look around. Heli-beers may be had at the Aviation Club, Kai Tak, ask around and someone will shout you a beer then buy chits for the rest of the evening. Friday happy hour is best. Lan Kwai Fong in Central HK is the place for booty, humming most nights.

Can't help you on the jobs front - there is also Heliservices, but both companies are small.

A flight is worth it on a good day, but if the smog is down its ho- hum. I'm out of town next week so can't help you there but pm me and there may be a chance.

moosp

Outasight
14th Oct 2004, 03:23
Rotorboy,

Ned aka Autorotate aka Heli Ops said to pass along the below.
-------------------------------------------------

Look up a friend of his who is currently flying for Heli Hong Kong, kiwi guy by the name of Keith Miles, ex Heliservices many years ago. Is up there for a month or so, due back in Kiwiland around the end of this month. They only basically have the one pilot at the moment, all the rest seem to have gone bush.

Rob Hill is manager and head honcho at Heli Services, upstanding guy he is :ok:

Give him a call when you get there as he is worth catching up with. Kiwi pilot Ray Parsons is also there and does all of the longline work with the Lamas. They are building some big new statue thing at the moment. Shaun the Aussie is also worth catching up with, make sure he keeps his comb in the back pocket :D

Mossp is right to catch up with the gang at the Flying Club. They are a very progressive group and have some nice helos.

Dont waste your time with GFS, apart from a couple of decent types there most of them have their head up their backsides and think their **** dont stink.
------------------------------------------------------

Posted as per Autorotate.

Cheers

Outasight