PDA

View Full Version : Airspace Question

ILScat3c
13th Oct 2004, 18:31
I recently started flying a lot between North and South America and soon to Europe. I have a few questions in the difference between ADR service and Flight Information service and the airspace associated with it.
FACTS:
In this particular country the boundary between its FIR and UIR is FL245 in the whole country also above FL245 there is 2 types of UNCONTROLLED AIRSPACE CLASS G,and F. According to this country ATS airpace information it says airways are class F and everthing else is G period. In addition it says in class F IFR from IFR separation will be giving in terms of suggestions, and Air traffic services are as follow Advisory service and flight information service. In all practical purpose what is advisory and flight information services and where and how would i identified an airway or route that is associated with this service anywhere else in the world. I guest I am confused because sometimes we ask for direct somewhere and usually is approve. That lead me to belive that I am under some sort of Air Traffic Control service not mearly and advisory or information service. My past experience usually always had me under direct positve air traffic control of some sort in north america.
My second question I notice that all of the FIR in south america have a box with the heading of RADIO and usually the name of the FIR along with the ACC control frequencys. I am wondering if the RADIO is associated with some sort of METEOROLOGY service or a ACC frequency back up. I want to thanks someone for taking their time to explain this to me..

DFC
14th Oct 2004, 10:13
As captain marvellous said - You should establish the class of airspace you will be flying in during the pre-flight planning stage from the appropriate aeronautical charts

One should also check the class of airspace for any direct routings pre-flight and have a plan prepared in advance.

As for the second question - it could be a simple heading to tell you that the following are the frequencies to use or, it could be telling you that the frerquencies are for a "radio service".

If it is a "radio service" on a frequency, you will be talking to a radio operator who will relay your transmissions to the appropriate ACC and their reply will be passed by the radio operator back to you. This is most common when using HF frequencies but it is also used on VHF in certain areas.

For the full and exact answer you will need to consult the appropriate AIP which will answer both your questions.

Regards,

DFC