PDA

View Full Version : Xla

Topjet
13th Oct 2004, 17:42
I thought XLA were going to bring in a 767 to operate a SFB on a thursday then POP on a friday and then position back? As far as i'm aware Islandsflug will still base 1 aircraft with us next year to operate on behalf of Kosmar holidays mostly and then XLA (Islandsflug and XLA being part of the same company)

heinzmanm
13th Oct 2004, 18:04
Might help to say which airport you're talking about?

Matthew

simonwa
13th Oct 2004, 19:05
Seems to be NCL being talked about here.

Rumours are that TCX won't be operating their long haul for Summer 2005, and POP and SFB will instead be operated by XLA 767.

XLA look like they are basing 2 aircraft at NCL next year. Not sure what Islandsflug are doing yet, but if you try booking holidays through the Kosmar site, all the flight codes start with XLA.

Topjet
13th Oct 2004, 19:09
I clicked Post new topic rather than "reply to post"

Stupid me! Yes its referring to Newcastle, sorry for any confusion!

HH6702
14th Oct 2004, 12:45
Hi

From what i have heard from people working at Excel

B767 will do the Thurs and Sat SFB and friday POP

B738 will do the same as this year but instead of Funchal will do a Dalaman.

B734 will be an Islandsflug plane. This plane will be TF-ELJ but over the winter will be done out and replace will excel seats and repainted in time for the summer season.

The cabin crew for summer 05 will be excel not islandsflug as this year.

Hope this helps.

Can anybody tell me about these routes which excel are doing anybody got days and times

Samos

CentreFix25
14th Oct 2004, 14:34
Is the Saturday XLA to SFB in addition to or in place of the Monarch?

Topjet
15th Oct 2004, 09:57
From what i've been told its going to SFB on the thursday, POP on friday and when it gets back from POP it positions back to manch or LGW.

Topjet

Kev 1
15th Oct 2004, 11:37
Just been checking the Excel website and it seems on Tuesday's there are three aircraft based at NCL, can any1 confirm this? Ive also checked the myt website and it looks like they do go down to 1a/c next year, but the flights the 2nd aircraft operated this year are operated by Excel next year too.

From what I see (im prob wrong like) Excel will base two planes of their own (1 operating for MYT) and also the kitted out Islandsflug TF-ELJ which will have excel seats inside.

Plus the B767-200/300 will be operating as follows:

Orlando Sanford:

Dep Thurs 11.30 Arr Fri 06.40

Puerto Plata

Dep Fri 09.30 Arr Sat 07.15 (fuel stop??)

Cheers

Kev

johnwalton
15th Oct 2004, 16:40
Yep, some of the flights on the MYT website are showing XLA flight codes and others are showing To Be Arranged (TBA)