PDA

View Full Version : Sunstate vs VB in Willie MBZ

YCKT
13th Oct 2004, 11:09
Had the experience of listenening to a VB and a Sunstate coming into Wille MBZ last weekend.

Sunstate, purely professional. But my partner asked of the VB FO, 'Is that girl on her first solo' :E

Now I begin to understand the NAS problem.

MkVIII
13th Oct 2004, 13:08
Agreed.

Without doubt though, RAAF blokes can be a downright nuisance. They either talk WAY too little, or they talk WAY too much, telling you every little detail you really did not want or need to know.

By far the worst in my experience was a few years back when Eenie Weenie still existed. Damned F28 driver couldn't be bothered talking IN CONTROLLED airspace except the occasional yep and nope, and the mandatories. In the end, we came to a conflict of seperation (again, I reiterate this was in CTA!) on cross-runways, and HE was told to go around. He BLATANTLY disregarded the tower during the entire proicedure from his initial approach, to the subsequent go around initiated by the tower. Needless to say, incident reports were filed both by the Tower and myself.

Binoculars
13th Oct 2004, 13:56
I want to know how YCKT knew it was the FO? :hmm:

YCKT
14th Oct 2004, 08:31
Actually it wasn't the cahtter, while there was an AWEFUL lot of it from her, her banter was reasonably professional. It was just what appeared to me to be an absolute lack of situational awareness and a need to get every aircraft on her TCAS to acknoledge who they were (inside the MBZ or not).

tobzalp
14th Oct 2004, 11:31
Mark8 you do realise that Sunstate and Virgin are not the RAAF and MBZ means no ATC right?

MkVIII
15th Oct 2004, 13:08
Mark8 you do realise that Sunstate and Virgin are not the RAAF and MBZ means no ATC right?

A, yes....

I was just bringing in MY experiences regarding the worst RT I have heard - RAAF or Yarmy blokes in MBZ's. They like to talk TOO much, telling you WAY too much info, or they barely say a word, leaving it u to you to find out.

Sorry for altering the topic somewhat (the initial question / statement by YCKT was a tad ambiguous....)