PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Line Training

benonysson
12th Oct 2004, 21:00
Hi there
I recently finished the B 737-300/500 Type rating and I'm looking for a place to take the line training for up to 300 hours. Does anyone know of a good company that offers line training? Also, is the market getting better regarding B-737 recruitments?

give me an axe
12th Oct 2004, 21:26
Astraeus, based in gatwick will do line training for you, around £10k for 100hrs, not sure if VAT is included !!

you might get a discount if you want to do 300 hrs !!!!

Puritan
13th Oct 2004, 05:22
give me an axe - I'm not so sure it's as simple as you suggest... wherein, to my knowledge, Astraeus only provide line-training to those whom have a) completed a type-rating with them ( ostensibly via Bond Aviation / Global ) and that b) have completed the type-rating course to a high standard ( i.e. good reports all the way through their course, no difficulties, etc ).

I'm not so sure that somebody walking-in off the street ( so to speak ), albeit that they're in possession of a type-rating upon which the ink is still wet, will find themselves being ushered directly into the RHS of an AEU B737 solely on the basis that they might have the money to pay for it.

That said, you can always give Astraeus a call to check; and please do come back in here with some feedback w.r.t. to what they have say about it.

Addendum – Just in case anybody thinks that the 'line-training' is simply a case of chucking money at it and then sitting in the RHS for xyz hours; might I take this opportunity to point out that some people have been chopped from AEU's line-training program, i.e. when it's become apparent that flying / operating the B737 in the real-world ( rather than in the sim ) has proved a bit too much of a handful for them at that particular point in their aviation career. Ouch ! :{

give me an axe
13th Oct 2004, 11:39
yes a few people get chopped on line training - but those muppets are few and far between.

as far as astraeus is concerned if you're going to chuck money at them I think they willing let you pay to operate on they're aircraft, asthats how they make most of the cash !

as you said about finishing your sim to a high standard - its all relative, i've seen some of the guys who pay for line training at said company and a chimp could do as well