PDA

View Full Version : Pilot jobs and Hours in Asia and Europe.

flymia
12th Oct 2004, 16:20
Hi. This is my first post. I am 15 years old and want to be a commercial pilot one day.
One thing I noticed is how much easier it is to get a commercial job in Europe or Asia. I heard you can get a job flying a 757 with only 500 hours and a frozen ATP. 500TT! Those are minumum hours for flying Cessna 310s on cargo all night in the US. I was wondering where a US pilot with his Commercial or ATP could go to get a low hour job. I heard in Europe you need to be a citizent so I can forget about that. But what about Asia? Do I need to change my ratings? Do I need to know the language? How many hours would get me a 737 or even a Regional job some where else in the US.
My other option would be Mesa Air Academy? Anyone have comments on that. Heard if you pass the course you have a 96% chance of getting into a Mesa CRJ or B1900 with in a year! Well thanks and hope I get some good answers.
Thank you!

Dondon
12th Oct 2004, 16:39
You have to put into account that JAR is much harder to achieve than FAA. The tests are harder (including the medicals), flying hours are different and so on. That is why the limit for getting a job in Europe differs from N. America. However, with the current situation, there are pilots with much higher hours with no jobs that are being considered primarly by airlines.