PDA

View Full Version : Section 2 Virus from surfing

WSAI
12th Oct 2004, 06:24
The biggest mistake I am finding is that people are not clearing their internet cookies, offline content and History.
People.. do this every time you disconnect from the internet!!!!
Open an Internet window.. I will use Internet Explorer for an example..
Click on Tools->Internet Options
Delete cookies, delete files.. also click delete all offline content and then clear your history...

Almost all viruses are found in your cookies and offline content. The rest will normally come from email.
Go read my other post in this section for the email.

Last but not least.. Buy a portable backup system./. CD Burner or Zip drive and store all person information on these devices.. not your computer.
get your account numbers, personal information, Layover hotel PDF files et cetera off your computers.
When you are online without a firewall.. I and any other person out here can access your information.

If you were to hack my computer right now.. you would find nothing. All that I have on here is my program files. Everything else is on a zip drive or backed up on a burnable CD. If you absolutely have to store information on a computer that you use to connect to the Internet.. password protect it.. DO NOT use just letters. All hackers have programs that decode passwords that are created from the alphabet. Instead use a letter number combo for all passwords.

Further, remember that all programs come equipped with a back door. Passwords are normally for the general public. It only keeps out those who do not really know.
Keep this in mind before you are tempted to just password protect a file and call it good. It is always best to get it off your computer and onto a portable hard drive.. (zip drive)
OK.. later days.. Have fun surfing!!!
The Wild Side