PDA

View Full Version : Ipod

eagerbeaver
11th Oct 2004, 16:45
Does anybody kmow how i can get my MAC formatted ipod to work on my PC. I have the correct peripherals but it does not detect when i connect it.
If this is not possible i have an ipod for sale.

goates
11th Oct 2004, 18:24
It will need to be reformatted to work on the PC. If you don't have the Windows installation CD, you can go to Apple's iPod site and download the latest iPod update.

goates

drauk
11th Oct 2004, 19:22
If you don't mind spending 20 quid then you don't need to reformat it and you can use it on both a Mac and a PC. Buy this: http://www.mediafour.com/products/xplay/

Hamrah
12th Oct 2004, 14:47
EB,

be warned...the iPod only synchs from PC to iPod, never the other way.

So if you install the windows version, and then try to synch with the PC, it will wipe all the data from your iPod.

However, if you have moved all your music to the PC, then reinstalling the iPod software from your PC, alowing the iPod software installer to reformat the iPod, then re-synch with iTunes will sort everything out.

Don't want you losing all that Maiden stuff :)

H

drauk
12th Oct 2004, 22:15
Hamrah, actually the product I mention will allow you to move files (including but not limited to your music) FROM your (Mac formatted) ipod to your PC.

eagerbeaver
13th Oct 2004, 19:00
FYI everyone my PC would not detect the ipod so, i looked on a bulletin board and there was a way descibed by holding in menu and play for five seconds then immediately pressing the other two and it synched! lovely job I thought until i discovered that the whole hard disk has been wiped and i have lost all my music that was stolen.
Now i am not too sure whether to continue using itunes or to attempt to use this software i bought because i cannot get the thing to synchronise.

Any further advice.

I have only recently began listening to iron maiden, i received a little bit of extra tuition whilst at your gaff training from some bloke with dark hair. It was only when i read a newspaper article on the notice board did i have any idea who he was. How furkin' cool was that.