PDA

View Full Version : Programming my mobile phone for any network

traumahawk71
11th Oct 2004, 10:53
I've heard that its possible to reprogramme a mobile phone to use any network.
I've got a Siemens MC60 which i bought from Tescos and currently stuck with the O2 network. Ideally id like the option of being able to use Orange

Apparently all i need to do is enter two codes on my phone and hey Presto.

Does anyone know any good internet sites from which i can obtain these codes.
:confused:

BOAC
11th Oct 2004, 11:30
Might be just as cheap to look in one of the 'Free-Ads' papers - there is always someone in your area who will do it for around £15 and some will come to your house.

daw
11th Oct 2004, 14:19
If you are in London and don't want to bother with trying codes any number of electronics shops along Tottenham Court Rd unlock for around a tenner.

Just realised you don't have a Nokia but here is a free website that will produce codes if you get one of those one day.

http://www.nokiafx.net/unlock.htm

BRL
11th Oct 2004, 14:26
There is a website where you post on a forum what phone you have and the IEMI No' and they will post a code for you to use and it is free. I have done my old one locked to Orange and a few for mates all for free. If I can remember the name I will post it here, something like 'unlockmymobile.co.uk or something. Don't ever pay to have it done, waste of money for something someone will do for free and it is so easy to input the code.

As for the legal bit Mike mentions, it only applies if you say have a contract for a year and get rid of the phone or change it over before that. It is the property of the network until the day after the year you bought it. (probably).