PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Popups

Hobo
11th Oct 2004, 10:16
Anybody else getting BA pop up adverts? I keep getting one with a guardsman on a horse. I've got a popup stopper but this one gets round it.

This annoying popup doesn't do BA's image any good at all.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
11th Oct 2004, 14:42
Hobo,

It would help knowing which OS and Popup Blocker you are using. (If you are using WinXP, which Service Pack you are running.)

Take Care,

Richard

Daysleeper
12th Oct 2004, 21:53
The other anoying thing about BA's website is where it wont let you book tickets from other countries. So I live in the UK. occasionaly I might want to travel one way out of germany or france or the states with them. So i have to change my "where you live" settings to germany etc . Its a total pain in the bottom. :{

amanoffewwords
13th Oct 2004, 07:04
Daysleeper,

Have you tried using:

www.britishairways.fr
www.britishairways.de

Those allow you to book for flights from France and Germany - not sure if it assumes you to be resident there though

Cheers
Charles

Globaliser
13th Oct 2004, 12:53
Those URLs have the same effect. And changing your "country of residence" is the way to do it on ba.com. They have recently lifted the restriction about the credit card having to be billed in the country of departure, but this has not AFAIK yet been publicly announced. Nevertheless, I'm hearing quite a lot of reports of people successfully booking tickets ex-European stations with UK credit cards and having no problems in getting ticketed, checked-in and carried. Ditto US credit cards booking tix ex-LON.

joe2812
13th Oct 2004, 15:55
I use the AOL and Google toolbars (both work) to block my pop-ups... google it and i'm sure you'll be able to find it. If not I can pass them onto you. Just tried and they block BA's irritating ads.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
15th Oct 2004, 15:15
I guess we scared poor Hobo off. :(

Richard