PDA

View Full Version : CPL x-country in Florida

pipergirl
10th Oct 2004, 19:48
Hi all

Am heading over to Florida in a few weeks and going to get some P1 hours done while I'm over there.

I am going to be really good and be productive while I'm there and get my qualifying x-country for my CPL done....(or whatever it called!!)...

Can anyone tell me what the requirements for this x-country are?
I'm under the impression it has to be 300nm long....

And anyone got any suggestions for a route?
I'm starting off from Lakeland and want to visit Fort Pierce (to have a nosey around EFT) and Stuart (to visit International Flight training academy)...

any info appreciated;)

mbcxharm
10th Oct 2004, 20:23
From LASORS:

A VFR cross-country flight of at least 540km (300 nm) in the course of which full-stop landings at two aerodromes different from the aerodromes of departure shall be made.

Topgun 4122T
10th Oct 2004, 23:09
Hi pipergirl

Im in Florida doing my cpl at the moment , the cross country is quiet streight forward , it must be 300nm or more with two full stop landings at different airports ...
As for international flight in stuart I landed there yesterday and there school is distroved from the hurricane , I mean its totally derelict . I do believe that they have some sort of micky mouse opperation running at the moment with practially no planes so I would'nt recommend it as on of your stop off's .. topgun

pipergirl

What school and where do you plan on departing from and ill be able to advise you on a nice route to fly , think ive covered most of the state by now ...topgun

BIG MISTER
10th Oct 2004, 23:23
Key West has to be quite high up on the list for a 'fun' location + great views on the way there and back !

Also (depends on your operators restrictions) but how about heading out East over the sea and island hopping ???

Enjoy !!!!!!

:}