PDA

View Full Version : Faa Atpl

skygod
10th Oct 2004, 18:03
Hi guys,
Does anyone know were i can get an FAA ATPL done in the middle east/ Africa/Europe (cheapest). Its a hassel trying to get to the states.....

Thanks guys:ok:

McGreaser
10th Oct 2004, 20:14
From what I recall the FAA has withdrawn authority/approval for writing the FAA exams outside the USA since May/June 2004. Wanted to write mine in Europe but failed to find a centre so had to head for the USA. It's not very expensive though and is worth the while. There's one centre in Paris at Le Bourget where they used to offer the full FAA ATPL. You could try to find out from there if they are now offering the FAA exams or if the ban has been lifted for other centres in Europe:cool:

ijp
10th Oct 2004, 20:52
There was a FAA office in Frankfort at the airbase (south side of the FRA airport )there. Good luck!

FO Cokebottle
16th Oct 2004, 18:37
Can confirm the moratorium on granting new overseas testing sites. Been trying to set one up in SE Asia for 12 months now - guess I gotta wait till bush stops scaring the US public into a belief that its the US against the rest of the world.

Paladini
26th Nov 2004, 03:21
FO COKEBOTTLE:

After the election results earlier this month, are you REALLY gonna wait "FOUR MORE YEARS" for Dubya to come to his senses???

Plonk for the JAR ATPL(A), better for you anyway!

wigwag
26th Nov 2004, 08:25
Skygod,

You can complete the written part 135 or 125 exams with Flight Safety Le Bourget Paris. Cost is about 140 euro's , but you cannot complete your check ride outside the usa at the moment.

Ba Do some very good deals on web fares to the USA, so my advice is to book ahead and complete everything in one go over in the USA. Upon successful completion you are awarded a temporary airmen certificate, It takes up to 120 days for the permanent one to come through.

Good luck and fly safe

:ok:

WW

yyzdub
26th Nov 2004, 12:49
Last I read, Southaer in Cork, Ireland does the FAA exams. you can get over to the US from Dublin or Cork for fairly cheap on aer lingus to complete whatever needs to be done.

www.southaer.ie

FLEXJET
26th Nov 2004, 19:31
The official link to FAA test centers worlwide:
http://av-info.faa.gov/data/computertesting/activesites.pdf

The number of locations has been reduced from 34 down to 15. They withdrawn 3 centers in KSA, one in Egypt, one in Lebanon and one in Jordan.