PDA

View Full Version : BBC radio 'listen again' onto CD-R etc?

Astronomy Dominie
10th Oct 2004, 14:58
Greetings,

I am a big fan of a number of radio programmes, which are on at times that don't permit me to be next to a radio...

My old solution to this was a tuner and VCR, the VCR being set to record the programe, after which I would dub the VCR audio onto cassette to listen to in the car.

However, the new car has no cassette player, but has CD.

So, I can sit at my desk and 'listen again'. But, how can I use 'listen again' or similar functions from other radio stations, to burn onto CD?

Help please!!

ORAC
10th Oct 2004, 16:14
Replay Radio (http://www.replay-radio.com/support.php) is $30, but, quote,

"Replay Radio is an incredibly easy way to record radio broadcasts. It's like a "TiVo™ DVR" for the radio. Just pick your favorite radio show, or select a station and a time range, and Replay Radio records it for you. Hundreds of shows and stations are pre-programmed, making recording as easy as point and click......Once your show is recorded, Replay Radio makes MP3 files for listening with an MP3 player, iPod, or your PC. Or, you can have Replay Radio automatically burn a CD. Everything happens automatically!"

Don't worry about it only picking up stations using WAV, if you go to their list of preprogrammed stations you will find 965 of them including, for example:

BBC 1 Xtra
BBC 6 Music
BBC Asian Network
BBC Radio 1
BBC Radio 2
BBC Radio 3
BBC Radio 4
BBC Radio 7
BBC Radio Five Live
BBC Radio Scotland
BBC Radio World Service
BBC4 - High Quality
BBC4 FM

SuperMP3Recorder (http://www.supermp3recorder.com/index.htm) is shareware but quite basic. The Pro version is also $30 and I presume has similar facilities to Replay Radio, but I do not know if it supports the BBC as their support seems much more limited.

Astronomy Dominie
11th Oct 2004, 21:32
Thank you ORAC, I'll take a look at the site.

(And thanks for reminding me of the space craft which had walls that shook whenever a door was opened!).