PDA

View Full Version : Exams in 3 weeks!!!

Skyseeker
10th Oct 2004, 10:27
Hi,

Ive got my first 6 exams booked in three weeks and Im getting a bit worried. Ive been going through practice papers this weekend and I am doing very badly in them. Not only am I getting the questions wrong, but its taking me 10 minutes per question to get them wrong! Im on a fulltime course so its all moving rather quickly.

I guess I just want reassurance that other people have felt this way before their exams and still done reasonably well.

Thanks

SS

Sensible
10th Oct 2004, 11:52
Shame you don't say which exams! If it's for PPL then you just need to stick with it, 3 weeks is long enough to study for pretty much the whole thing from scratch if you are dedicated.

If you let us into the secret of what exams you have in 3 weeks, we may be able to offer advice on what helpful material you can read.

Send Clowns
10th Oct 2004, 13:06
If you are really concerned then go and talk to your CGI and discuss delaying your sitting. You're not one of ours because we don't have a course sitting next month, but I am sure other schools also encourage students who are not ready to take another month, until they are happier. The CGI should also be able to give you more advice about whether you really are as far behind as you think, and may be able to offer you more tuition (if not, get in touch).

Skyseeker
10th Oct 2004, 15:12
Hi,

Sorry, its my ATPL's. Nav,met,instruments,AGK,law, Pof F.

Thought I was doing well untill I started doing practice papers!!

Thing is being a fulltime course, I cant really do the exams in a months time because I will be in class for the other subjects.

The only way to do it would be to do the whole course and then all the exams at the end by which time i would have forgotten the first module! I feel Im under pressure to do them this time even at the risk failing just to keep up with the course.

Thanks

ss

pipergirl
10th Oct 2004, 19:36
I would advise u not too get stressed about it first of all...
Sure at the end of the day they are only exams and u sure u can resit them.

Things aren't always as bad they seem.
In my opinion, the key to these exams is practice, practice, practice.
Go over and over the feedback, but make sure u don't spend loads of time on a question that is one mark as opposed to one that is two/three.

At one stage, during the two week brush-up course, I felt very overwhelmed but you got to get a clear plan in ur head, don't think of all the work u have to get done, otherwise it will melt ur head....You got to break it down and do it bit by bit....

You will be OK, trust me, we've all been there:ok:

Send Clowns
11th Oct 2004, 08:41
Your course provider should allow you to take the exams late and slip onto the next course. It is not always the ideal solution, edspecially if you are getting on well with your fellows, but is something to discuss with your CGI. Are you receiving good support from your fellow course members and from your instructors? Ideally they should be discussing these issues with you.

cal_ley
15th Oct 2004, 14:46
me too dont understand a thing and cant answer a question from the feedback few weeks before the exam but i use my last two week to do revision and sametime doing the feedback question and i pass all 6 in first attempt.

silverknapper
15th Oct 2004, 14:50
Are the practice exams feedback based? If not it may be that the school is pushing you very hard now so that the exams appear easy. If they are feedback based, use each exam as a lesson. Do every question then find out what you got wrong and why. Then do it again immediately. And again. It will work I promise.
Didn't go full time so don't know if you have a brush up course. If not and you are still doing badly then go to Bristol for one. They are excellent.
But hopefully you won't need it.

Good luck

SK