PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Painting for PPRuNe Fund - anyone want to bid?

InFinRetirement
9th Oct 2004, 11:42
Wing Commander 'Bee' Beamont, CBE, DSO and bar, DFC and bar, DFC (US), Belgian Cruex de Guerre, DL, FRAeS

This is a first for the fund but one I am personally quite excited about it. I hope some will be excited enough to want it - badly!

The painting is of XM165 - a 74 Squadron Lightning.

It is a one off painting (not a print) and there are no others. It was presented to 'Bee' Beamont by, Sir Richard (Dick) Evans of BAe, on the occasion of his visit to Warton on 18th May 1998.

Bromley (David) was commisioned by BAe to do the painting and although I am no expert I think it is a fine example of how an aviation painting should be. From frame edge to edge the painting measures 28" x 22"

The painting was donated to the fund by Bee's family, amongst some other things which I will also auction. It was a joy to meet his family. They, as I do, hope that it will reach a figure that the fund will gain real benefit from.

If you wish to bid for it please do so below. I will leave it on show until 3rd December when I hope it will then have been 'sold.' If you wish to bid privately you can offer a sealed bid by e-mailing me. [email protected]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/captainavi8tor/BeeBeamontLightningPainting.jpg

jindabyne
9th Oct 2004, 14:54
Nice painting. What's the fund?

InFinRetirement
9th Oct 2004, 16:05
The PPRuNe Fund is been in existence for 3 years. It is designed to assist wannabes to get a step on to the commercial pilots ladder, some already have, with five cadets now flying a B737. The last I heard was that one of them has now accumulated over 1150hrs. We are also underatking to get 5 candidates a GAPAN test and the right to contest for a Bristol Groundschool Distance learning course for free (courtesy of BGS).

To date the fund is worth over £24,000. Plans are afoot to advance other 'plans' to get wannabes into aviation.

So, you bid is? ;)

You can see more on the Wannabes forums.

InFinRetirement
9th Oct 2004, 19:34
I am delighted to say that I have received a private bid of £501 for the painting by Bromley.

I and the fund are most grateful.

IFR

InFinRetirement
10th Oct 2004, 19:42
I have now received a further bid of £617.

My very sincere thanks to the bidder.

IFR

InFinRetirement
15th Oct 2004, 19:17
As of tonight the bid has now improved to £633. Thank you very much indeed.

IFR

PPRuNe Pop
9th Nov 2004, 05:57
Just three weeks to go. Anyone else going to bid - please. ;)

PPRuNe Pop
2nd Dec 2004, 21:28
I have just received a further bid of £705. That is the lead bid now of course. Anyone else before the bidding closes at 12 p.m. tomorrow.

Thanks.

PPRuNe Pop
3rd Dec 2004, 10:14
As of 1110 this morning the bid has moved up to £710. Thank you very much.

PPP

PPRuNe Pop
3rd Dec 2004, 11:51
The painting has been bought for £710 by someone who wishes to remain anonymous. He is an aviation man through and through. I am sure hw will enjoy it.

The Fund (and me) thank all who took an interest and especially those who bid and, of course, the one who won.

A very nice boost to the Fund indeed. :D :D