PDA

View Full Version : Air Wales.

tyne
9th Oct 2004, 08:21
I am a regular flyer- five or six times a year.

I just wanted to write and say how great I think Air Wales Is.

Booking etc including changes at the last minute was totally hassle free. No massive queues to check in at Newcastle.

On board - I was travelling to Plymouth via Cardiff on October 5 - the Am flight - great staff and one of the funnest landings I've had landing at Plymouth. Well done to the guy up the front. I was obviously windy or something but you could feel him brining that ATR into line for a pretty great landing.

Both ways there was a crew change at Cardiff. Great to see the flight deck crew chatting and having a laugh with pax. Informal but totally professional.

Bit dissapointed at the Rwy 07 landing back at Newcastle on Oct 8 PM flight. Did'nt get to fly over my house! But what a smooth landing.

As someone who has flown with some great and appaling airlines over the years, and as someone who regularly flies with the military...I just want to say thanks guys. Job done very well.

Cheers

Dan

Scarlet Smaug
11th Oct 2004, 15:24
Hi Tyne

Just thought it would be nice to say thanks for your comments - I am so glad that we served you well. Thank you for your custom! :ok:

We get so much bad press on here - 99 times out of 100 from people who dont have a clue about the airline - its nice to get some praise from someone who really counts - one of our pax.

Look forward to seeing you on board again real soon!

SS

Vigilant Driver
14th Oct 2004, 09:48
From your Captain on that flight and the guy who did the landing THANKYOU!

I remember that it was a windy day with a 20 knot cross wind on the runway 31 at Plymouth.

Hope to see you on board again!

All the best,

Vigi.

No_Speed_Restriction
16th Oct 2004, 07:16
Remind me to buy you a bigger headset for Xmas :E

EI-MD11
21st Oct 2004, 15:40
I take it that things have got better since last year. I regularly flew on the CWL-BHD routing between June 2003 and Nov 2003. The monday morning flight was always fine, but the return leg was delayed on 14/17 occassions. The shortest delay 45 mins and the longest 3.5hrs.

Towards the end of the service prior to pulling out the service went triangular via Dub without warning on the return routings. The staff were always polite and friendly but the regularity of the delays was pretty shocking.

I do hope that punctuality improves as I would like to see to see Air Wales suceed.

Has the WW tie up improved puntuality?

NB I note with interest that they are returning to Belfast (BFS) on a WW codeshare this winter.

witchdoctor
22nd Oct 2004, 09:35
Very few problems in/out of NCL (OK, except for yesterday's check in cock up!). Punctuality usually pretty good. I reckon it's all down to the quality of the dispatchers you know.;)

And yes, a thoroughly good bunch of folks all round on the Red Dragon.

speedbird_heavy
22nd Oct 2004, 09:47
Wow, some good words about Air Wales.:\

No_Speed_Restriction
22nd Oct 2004, 11:14
Speedbird_Heavy, do you work for Air Wales?

Sky_Captain
22nd Oct 2004, 21:47
Was a little rough for Air Wales when they took delivery of their ATRs, routes were all over the place, but thankfully its all been brought together into one well run schedule :ok:

Just try not to lose any more wiper blades, embarrassing when that leads to the closure of a runway or an airport :eek:

No_Speed_Restriction
23rd Oct 2004, 11:53
...Still campaigning for Rain-X :ok:

speedbird_heavy
23rd Oct 2004, 13:57
No_Speed_Restriction

No. I used to work with Air Wales. Great bunch of guys and gals flying, but thier ops were a nightmare to work with.

No_Speed_Restriction
23rd Oct 2004, 14:52
I see. Fair enough.:ok:

GrahamK
29th Oct 2004, 11:06
Are loads still good on the NCL flights?

FinalsToLand
29th Oct 2004, 15:16
withdoctor...

I reckon it's all down to the quality of the dispatchers you know

Servisair NCL, quality & dispatchers are words which just neva go 2getha in the same sentance :p :p :p

F.T.L

speedbird_heavy
29th Oct 2004, 15:25
Punctuality usually pretty good

Punctuality and good. You very rarely see those two words in the same sentence as Air Wales. Just loot at CWL's arrivals (http://www.cwl.aero) page from time to time. There is a good delay on there today.

St Hilary
30th Oct 2004, 14:18
Speedbird Heavy

Your tirades against Air Wales are all getting rather tiresome , your judgement seems to be affected all because you can't forgive them for changing handling agents back in May.

Bout time you got over it dude ! :)

Happy flying y'all !!!!!!!!

flower
30th Oct 2004, 19:36
There have been heavy flow restrictions placed on the "west end" of the UK by ATC these last few days, I hate to blame ATC naturally but unfortunately we are the reason to blame this last week.
Air Wales run very much to time and do not have a problem any more than any other airline operating out of Cardiff with delays.

TwinAisle
30th Oct 2004, 19:49
Air Wales have been very punctual all season.... I would guess that the flights they operate for baby are way more punctual than the flights baby do for themselves!

Perhaps that's way baby have given them more routes?

TA

alterego
31st Oct 2004, 13:16
Air wales have quite a large fine put on them if they are late on WW flights. I guess this has helped with punctuallity.

Vigi' Driver, I guess Uncle Roger and Ches et al should be thanked for all those crosswind landings in a taildragger!
(Tappo knows you know!)

TwinAisle
31st Oct 2004, 15:47
No they don't. They are punctual because they want to be punctual, not because they are under threat.

Trust me on this one, other PPRUNErs will know how I know! ;)

speedbird_heavy
31st Oct 2004, 20:46
Strange, I heard exactly the same about the fine imposed by BMIbaby if Air Wales were late from some high ranking Air Wales personnel. It seams as though BMI management say “Jump” and Air Wales management ask “How High?”

TwinAisle
31st Oct 2004, 20:54
Nope. They should read the contract. I did!

alterego
3rd Nov 2004, 20:55
Still back to Vigi's Landing................!

You've come a long way since those days in charge of the tea fund!