PDA

View Full Version : Air Wales London City service chopped?

MerchantVenturer
7th Oct 2004, 18:35
Has the Air Wales service from Cardiff to London City been discontinued?

The service was reduced in frequency earlier in the summer to two rotations on Mondays and Fridays and one on Sundays. It now appears to have stopped altogether.

Although the Air Wales website timetable still shows the flights as operating, when it comes to their online booking section London City has disappeared from the list of destinations served. Furthermore, the LCY flights have not appeared on the CWL Ceefax arrivals pages on Monday and Friday of this week.

There are no announcements on either the Air Wales or official CWL websites that the route is to cease/has ceased.

If the route has been stopped it is a great shame. I thought when it was started that, given the less than perfect rail and road alternatives, it would be attractive to business people in particular.

It always annoys me when airlines and airports do not announce routes that are to cease. For example, my local airport at BRS has bombarded me with emails about the new easyJet, Eastern and Continental routes, but haven’t said a dicky bird about the routes that are to cease (Bilbao and Copenhagen, and reduced frequency to Amsterdam). To customers aborted routes are as important as new routes for future planning of trips.

speedbird_heavy
7th Oct 2004, 20:17
Perhaps they havn't had enough punters to operate the route...:confused:

Red Four
7th Oct 2004, 21:56
According to the LCY Consultative Committee Minutes, the route has been dropped.