PDA

View Full Version : Parc Aviation or CTC for MCC/JOC course?

PA-28 CLOUD SURFER
7th Oct 2004, 12:05
Good Morning Pprune,

I am seeking a little bit of advice about training organisations. I am about to complete my IR and soon have to choose where to pick up my MCC/JOC. My two choices so far are Parc aviation and the CTC Wings ATP scheme.

Parc Aviation has the obvious affiliations with the Irish Airlines especially Ryanair. I have also heard that they are providing pilots to Air Asia as well. I have a source at Ryanair who has told me that Ryan are not going to be recruiting again until Early next year and Air Asia's quota for this year is full. Does anybody know whether this information is accurate and if there are other airlines that look to Parc for their provision of Pilots? I was also wandering if anybody had been picked up while on the Course in Dublin and now has a job flying commercially, what the course was like and any recommendations about that course.

The Other Training Provider I am seriously considering is the CTC Wings ATP scheme which offers both an MCC and JOC. I know it is a little more expensive but surely the extra hours in the Sim during the JOC is a great attribute to be able to offer airlines. Has anybody out there paid for the CTC Atp scheme without being selected by CTC (not being guaranteed a holding pool place)? I know this is an option and don't know of the possibility of being picked up whilst on the course or how much the extra sim time would really help.

I think I am going to apply for the ATP scheme and wait to see if I am successful and then if not I will have to have another serious think about the next step. Any comments on MCC providers would be great as I am sure there are others in the same boat as me!

I am about to join the barrage of low houred pilots aggressively seeking that first commercial right hand seat. I hope somebody can help me make the choice between training providers and any advice/help would be warmly welcome. I wish all the guys seeking employment the best of luck in the coming months,

Thanks again,

Surfer

carolan
7th Oct 2004, 17:55
Hi Surfer, if you send me an e-mail to [email protected] I'll give you some info, prices,etc.
carolan

PA-28 CLOUD SURFER
8th Oct 2004, 12:40
Come on guys and gals i know there must be a few of you out there who have been to one of the mentioned establishments can anybody not offer us wannabes some well needed advice as there is not much about MCC/JOCs on this site.

Thanks again,

surfer

Rollerboy
8th Oct 2004, 12:59
PA-28

I don't have a clue about Parc Aviation so can't help you there but as someone who has compeleted the CTC ATP scheme I may be able to comment on that.

If you are going to pay to complete the ATP scheme you should go the whole hog and go for selection. To get onto the scheme you must be younger than 34, have CPL/IR, Class 1 medical and at least 2 A Levels (check the education requirements but i'am sure it's 2 A Levels). The selection is testing but not too difficult the first part being fill in the long form and now obligatory half side essay questions. The second and third take place at CTC a few tests and group discussions and final interview.

The fourth and final part of selection comprises of the MCC and JOT part. I gather this is the bit you are most interested in; it's an excellent fun course which includes 5 days of CRM ground school. Then 5 x 4 hr MCC sims using 737-700 FBS at the moment this is completed using auto pilot BUT may change. The final week is the 16hr JOT part all flown on raw data using the skills you learnt in the first few weeks. You will be surprised at how far you've come during your final test as you shut down one of your engines! For my money it was an excellent great fun course that if you pass places you in a hold pool for future jet jobs. If you don't pass to CTC standard you still get sent the MCC and CRM certificates.

Well worth the money and the wait. Do however check out Parc before you jump in.

Rollerboy

PA-28 CLOUD SURFER
8th Oct 2004, 13:38
Rollerboy check your PM's again!!

thanks surfer