PDA

View Full Version : Firefighting info

Barannfin
7th Oct 2004, 03:54
Hi guys, I finally got an assingment that I could work helicopters into.

I am going to write a very simple model of a forest fire. The information that I need is this.

Typical capacity (gal/lit/kilo) of water for some of the lights (407/350) and the heavies. (I should have been more specific, or maybe in this case less specific. You can give me whatever sort of units your familiar with, I just need info. As for Helicopter types, I am probably going to group all the info I get on a certian class eg. light or heavy, and average the info. So I don't need incredibly specific data.)

The airspeed that you typically can fly with this load, and also the typical distance to your reloading point.

You can respond or send me an email.

I understand that you cant really nail down these #s and they change with all sorts of conditions, but like I said, I am trying to make a very simple model. And I need some numbers to start with.

Next I will be checking out the manufacturers websites. Who should I check, what are the most common aircraft used? I am also going to add some fixed wing aircraft, so if anyone has information on that, its just icing on the cake. Thanks alot guys.