PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Pearson Airport

kimono
6th Oct 2004, 20:34
Hiya all!

Im scheduled to change from an Air Canada domestic flight to an Air Canada international flight back to Heathrow later this month. I have an hour to make the changeover, is this generally enough time?

Someone told me it can be a bit of a pain and has to be done by bus. Also I understand there are 2 international terminals at Pearson, which one do I need for AC flights to Heathrow?

Thanks in advance :)

Rollingthunder
6th Oct 2004, 22:31
Ac domestic flights operate out of Terminal 2.
Ac international flights operate out of new Terminal 1.

There is a bus transfer between teminals about every 10 minutes (free).

An hour sounds a bit tight. If you have to collect your bags off the domestic flight, then it is too tight.

http://www.gtaa.com/Index.aspx?Sid=Node2/Node2.2&Tpl=1

kimono
6th Oct 2004, 22:47
Thanks - I thought so :( I was originally scheduled on a direct flight from Halifax NS to LHR and that flight was cancelled so I was put on this schedule. Ugh

Am on AC 617 from Halifax to Toronto arriving at 7.11pm

To connect with AC 848 leaving at 8.15pm for LHR

I *hope* I dont have to collect my bags at Toronto.

I asked my travel agent (opodo) if they could put me on a later Toronto- LHR flight at 10.15pm but they refused, Im a laid back kind of person and dont mind wasting time (shopping ha!) at airports, but if Im wasting time because of a late connecting flight etc and stressing out to see if there are seats available on that later flight Im not going to be happy grrrrr!

Rollingthunder
6th Oct 2004, 22:58
What date are you flying on?

"ALL passengers (no exceptions) must be available at the gate for boarding:

Rapidair (Toronto/Ottawa and Toronto/Montreal) 20 min.
Domestic (Within Canada) 25 min.
Transborder (between US and Canada) 25 min.
International (including Caribbean and Mexico) 25 min.
International flights departing from Toronto 60 min.

Failure to meet these deadlines may result in the reassignment of any pre-reserved seats, cancellation of your reservations and ineligibility for denied boardings."

May I suggest your travel agent isn't on top of things, (put mildly) and based on the above, you should be able to either demand an earlier flight to Toronto or the later Heathrow flight if there is space available.

kimono
6th Oct 2004, 23:57
November 1st.

I'll give Air Canada a call tomorrow and clarify, yeah?

Can you give me the link where you got that stuff from re boarding times? Thanks :)

Rollingthunder
7th Oct 2004, 00:13
http://www.aircanada.ca/planning/before/check-in.html

See if they can get you on AC 171 departing Halifax at 15:50, arriving Toronto at 17:20.

kimono
7th Oct 2004, 00:17
Thanks love! Have sent link to this thread to Opodo, I dont see why I should have to be stressing out re connection times just cos my original flight was cancelled. Sure that happens and I can accept that, but hell, dont put this infrequent flier in a state of stress!

When I asked Opodo to put me on the later flight out of Toronto to LHR they replied:

"I have looked into this request for you and have found that as Toronto was never part of your itinerary, we are unauthorised to offer the suggested flight to you."

Um OK..........I didnt really want Toronto to be part of my itinerary either LOL

cossack
7th Oct 2004, 15:36
Your AC flight from Halifax should arrive at the new T1 not T2. T2 is transborder for AC now.
There will still be a transfer required as AC's international flights use the Infield terminal. This is by airside bus.
Your baggage should be checked through to LHR in Halifax so no need to reclaim in YYZ.
Hope this helps.

Scottie Dog
7th Oct 2004, 16:26
Kimono....

Cossack is correct - both flights use T1 at Toronto.

The connection is a published one and is any missed flight is then Air Canada's responsibility.

Cossack....

How goes it? Looking forward to another cold winter!

Cheers

Scottie Dog

cossack
7th Oct 2004, 17:52
Hi Scottie! How's it going?
We're looking forward to winter but still enjoying what we have today, 25C, clear blue and the beautiful fall colours just coming to their best! Spent a few hours yesterday cutting firewood, so winter's definately not too far away. First snow last year was November 28th so we're still a bit off yet.
Take care.

PaperTiger
7th Oct 2004, 18:34
November 1st.

If the date isn't critical, the direct* YHZ-LHR operates the day before or the day after (every day except Mon. & Wed. in fact). Backtracking through YYZ would be a real pain.

(* stops in St. John's)

kimono
7th Oct 2004, 21:44
Unfortunately, due to work commitments I have to fly that day bah!

Thanks for all your help everyone, I'll chance it I guess seeing as Opodo have sent me the new tickets now and havent bothered to respond to the email I sent them last night.

kimono
5th Nov 2004, 21:07
Well naturally I missed that connection and was held over until the 10.30 flight. I was quite glad actually as I needed a fag. LOL

I had a great trip though! :)

Easyjet Luton - Paris in 2 weeks! yay!