PDA

View Full Version : 'Hold pools'

WX Man
6th Oct 2004, 19:22
Reading the thing about EZY hold pools got me thinking. When you go for an interview, sim check and whatever, and the airline put you in a hold pool- what then?

Is it that you definately have a job with them, at some undertermined time in the future? Or is it that they will call you for a job if one comes up within the next (say) six months?

Asking with a view to travelling after being put in a hold pool. Let's say I go to an interview and am lucky enough to get into a hold pool. Can I then take it as granted that I will be working for them, or is it prudent to stick around job searching?

Gin Slinger
7th Oct 2004, 00:21
All a company is saying by putting you in a hold pool is that you are deamed suitable to be offered employment, nothing more than that.

It definately doesn't constitiute an offer of employment, therefore it certainly would be prudent to keep up the job search, as much as anything, you might get a better offer! [This happened to a mate of mine, and it certainly wasn't with easyJet;)]

porthews
7th Oct 2004, 07:27
Thanks WX Man you are talking about the question what really bother me.
Some how the interview and the sim-check went well and somehow I have a job.
Otherwise the light on the end of the tunnel has disappeared again.
The bad thing is that they not even give you an estimate or even update you on the situation.

Most probably the right answer is: STBY and do what GS. recommends!!!

Head UP!!!

Cheers Porthews
:ok:

WX Man
7th Oct 2004, 08:50
The stupidest question is the one you don't ask!!!

Thanks for the answer, I'll keep hunting when (and I say, "when") I get put into a hold pool.