PDA

View Full Version : Emirates signs 100million pound sponsorship

bound_for_dubai
6th Oct 2004, 16:01
Emirates has sponsored the Arsenal soccer team from 8 years starting 2006-2007 after their contract with Chelsea expires. The sponsorship is worth 100 million pounds or $177.8 Million USD. The new Arsenal Stadium will also be called the Emirates stadium until 2021.

I'm guessing new benefits starting 2006/2007 may be Arsenal tickets for Emirates employees?!?

If only they could pay the crew like that :}

BFD

zulfakharudeen
6th Oct 2004, 22:19
bound_for_dubai

Everyone is aware that Emirates crew are paid very well, otherwise you would have not come all the way to join them.

What else you guys want ? you have good salary, nice accommodation, excellent education for your kids and profit share bonus.

What about others like us that hardly get half of what you guys get. Good luck to you all, nevertheless, I am still happy to earn less but be in my own country.:ok:

bound_for_dubai
7th Oct 2004, 00:44
Well I feel everytime I am enthusiastic, there is always someone with a diaper rash whose willing to have something negative to say. Emirates conditions are better than some and while the pay is pretty good its not as good as most other airlines.

But at least they aren't in bankruptcy protection

Ghostflyer
7th Oct 2004, 04:21
Don't think anyone got any free Chelsea tickets from our current sponsorship!! :\

7th Oct 2004, 05:23
Not quite correct Ghostflyer.

Plenty of people got tickets, it's just that none of them were flight crew. A bit like the tickets to the car racing this weekend.

picu
7th Oct 2004, 05:28
Zulfakharudeen,

just to clarify, Bound for Dubai is not an EK pilot.

regards
Picu

bound_for_dubai
7th Oct 2004, 14:17
Yes That is correct I am not an Emirates pilot.

Vagrant
7th Oct 2004, 14:39
Bound for Dubai

Youngster, if you spent as much time in your books (high school is my guess), as you do on this forum, maybe....just maybe you'll amount to something other than a "spotter."

Until such time, please do not comment or, speak as an authority on matters you know nothing about, and moreover, make fun of other airlines (your bankruptcy comment) just because they are going through financial difficulties.

All the above is a nice way of saying...Get a life, dude!!

AVIACO
7th Oct 2004, 14:58
Best not to make comments about carriers being in bankruptcy protection. That will touch nerves with some of your fellow posters who work in the industry too and who are unfortunate to be in a situation where their employer is in financial difficulty.

Brotherhood and sisterhood and all that - most people visiting this forum work in the industry and won't appreciate one making fun of others' predicament.

bound_for_dubai
7th Oct 2004, 15:02
Just finished College, thanks! Apologies if I touched any nerves about the bankruptcy issue.

AVIACO
7th Oct 2004, 15:29
It's ok. Dont worry. I am sure you are glad to have just finished college, and will now be entering the big industrial world shortly!!
Good luck with whatever your plans and ambitions are.

On the Emirates / Arsenal deal, I am a little bit bemused why EK has chosen a UK club to sponsor. Sure, the exposure will be tremendous globally with satellite tv, etc. But, what about all of the other destinations, cultures and markets that the Company serves? They will not all be Arsenal supporters.

I have also noticed that their sponsporship of home events (i.e. in the Emirate of Dubai) has waned a little bit............they used to be very much in your face and everywhere. Now, they are slightly more discreet in their advertising campaigns.

I guess they will be budgeting carefully to ensure that their Arsenal and Fifa World Cup deals receive adequate financial attention!!

I wonder if we will ever see an Emirates Boeing or Airbus sporting an Arsenal banner or stickers, and if Arsenal will ever use Emirates aeroplanes for promotional tours, etc. (Similar to the LTU Germany Airbuses that sport Borussia Munchengladbach (Sp?) billboard colours)

Let's see..............

bound_for_dubai
7th Oct 2004, 15:37
Well they sponsored Chelsea for a while, I believe some players had homes or condos in Dubai. They chose Arsenal because.. and I quote "Arsenal's approach and winning team parallel the ambitions and achievements of Emirates Airline."

Will definetly give the airline great exposure.

SecurID
8th Oct 2004, 04:44
Aviaco, you might be interested to read the following sponsorship deals:

Emirates Melbourne Cup (3rd richest horse race)

Emirates Singapore Cup

Australian Jockey Club Sydney

Oaks Day Carnival (horse racing Oz)

(Multitude of other lesser races)

Collingwood Football Club (Ozzie Rules)

Emirates Melbourne Symphony Orchestra

Emirates Sydney Symphony Orchestra

Emirates West Australian Symphony Orchestra

Emirates Team New Zealand (America's Cup)

Chelsea Football Club (Soon to end)

Emirates Stadium home of Aresenal Football Club

Arsenal Football Club (In 2 years)

2004 Scottish open (golf)

2006 FIFA world cup (soccer)

ICC Match Umpires & Referees (cricket)

UIMC Power boat F1

Plethora of Rugby 7's

There are also a whole host of Dubai based sponsorships.

This message is © Halas, 2005
All Rights of the above named to be recognised as the author are reserved.

halas
8th Oct 2004, 09:35
Plagiariser

halas

SecurID
9th Oct 2004, 20:29
Yeah, I know, sorry. Message amended appropriately!

jarek
10th Oct 2004, 22:09
try to watch "Lorens in Arabia" movie (about 4 hours) ,maybe you all can understaind what does mean Arabian world to the british crown