PDA

View Full Version : People like us

Jamair
6th Oct 2004, 13:03
The final episode of the tongue-in-cheek mockumentary of 'People Like Us' on ABC next week, this one looking at Airline Pilots;)

10pm EST (1200UTC) on Tuesday, 12 Oct, ABC (check your local guides):ok:

Islander Jock
6th Oct 2004, 13:36
Aready got the VCR programmed to record it.

CFI still can't do the aeordynamics brief without cracking a smile.

"Particle A and well lets call this one particle A also because they're identicle"

But best of all is Nigel's CRM "Shut up and I'll tell you what I think you need to know"

7gcbc
6th Oct 2004, 14:53
fantastic, would have missed it save for this post, Fox network keeps jamming our abc and sbs feeds.......

itchybum
6th Oct 2004, 15:25
I hope they remember to include a "Reel-Life" shot of some sad old commuting capts sleeping on a worn-out couch in the crewroom.

Charlie Foxtrot India
6th Oct 2004, 16:08
All instructors will identify with the "particle A and particle A travelling around the wing from F and meeting at F" brief...

Anyone that has ever sat in a jump seat will identify with the challenge of doing up the harness, and literally being shown the ropes...

And all pax will identify with the fact that the tea and coffee come out of the same pot. :yuk:

Amazingly when this was on before some people took it seriously. Surely the fact that the Captain of this very British airline was called Nigel should have alerted them!! And the pixellated tail on the aircraft of "Anonymous Airlines", the reflection in the tower windows of the aircraft flying backwards, and many other snippets.

Don't miss it!!

Blip
9th Oct 2004, 13:52
The other episode I can highly recommend is the one about a day in the life of a police officer. It's soooo funny! I'm laughing all over again just thinking about it!

"Huh. A screamer!";)